Thread: New lift

New lift

The four post lift I ordered came in two weeks ago. After setting it up and finally getting everything adjusted I must say that it really makes life easier. I had two rolling jacks ordered with it so I can raise all four tires off the ramps at the same time for wheel, brake work ect. The old firrlane I picked up will get four new tires this weekend and get the new brake cylinders that came with it installed.

Right now there are some deals to be had with the economy the way it is and I will say that if you have room for one get it when you can, you won't regret it.

DeigoKid congratulations on the lift what mfg. did you get?

Ralph

Manu

I bought the one from Greg Smith. Park 8 plus, I can park my 1/2 ton ext cab truck under it. I will say that the truck is a tight fit on the lift itself though, it came with the 20" wheels so they are a little wider than most 1/2 tons I ordered the 18 drain can also. When it gets full you just hook a airline with a few PSI and pump out the old oil into the jugs the new oil came in. I'm going to build a waste oil heater this summer so the oil will come in handy.

My brother helped me so he done the first front end work on his Demon using the lift. Just raise it up, position the rolling jacks and work! Don't even have to grunt getting out from under the car!

Only down side is that was money I could have spent on the Cobra, but the Cobra is paid for and the lifts are on sale now.

Congratulations Jim on the lift purchase. If you only lived a little closer so I could help you use it! Post a picture when you get time so we can get some ideas from your purchase. Come see me on your next visit to the coast.
    Gary

Congrats DK.

Post some pics of those rolling jacks. I am very interested in how they work.

I want a two post lift because of the PIA of working around the ramps but if they work well I might consider a four post.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Yay Jim! Let's see some pics.

And next time you do get to the coast, let's all get together with Gary.

What is the minimum ceiling height for using one of these?
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Pics

I've never been able to post pics here so I'll just include a link that will take you to the jacks, as far as ceiling height most likely the shortest you would want is 10'.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/4-...ories-s/56.htm

Question 4 post lift

I've been doing research on lifts and I've also decided on a Direct Lift Pro Park 8. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the S (standard) due to the space limitations I have with my two car garage, and I'm only storing a Mustang underneath. I plan on ordering it shortly. I just had my door tracks raised and installed a side mount (jack drive) door opener. My garage ceiling height is 10'-6". How was it putting the lift together? How were the Greg Smith people to work with? How did you move the heavy pieces around? (I understand the ramps are 400 lbs. a piece) Two of the lift legs will be next to an expansion joint in the center of my garage floor. I'm thinking about cutting out a section of floor around these two posts and pouring concrete pads to make sure I have the recommedned 4" floor depth; although I'm also wondering if I have to be that fussy about this?? Are you satisfied with the stability of the lift with a car on it? In my case it will be my Unique most of the time.

Dick Untch

Here is a picture. Nice accessory
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    I've never been able to post pics here so I'll just include a link that will take you to the jacks, as far as ceiling height most likely the shortest you would want is 10'.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/4-...ories-s/56.htm
    If you want to post a picture of something you find on the internet all you have to do is put your curser on the edge of the picture left click and hold. slide your curser across and highlight the photo. It will turn blue. This might take a few tries.
    Right click the picture and go to the bottom of the pop up and click on properties.
    Then in the next pop up highlight the URL address then right click and copy in new pop up.
    Then back on the Unique posting window click on the "insert image" icon.
    delete the http:// that is highlighted then right click in the box and "paste" the image URL address you just copied. Then hit OK.
    The image will show up in your box with litttle squares around it. Left click out side the box and it is set.
    Sometimes you can't copy a picture do to some blocks or something. But if you have online storage of your own photos like in Photobucket you can copy and post them here.

Tony

jacks

The jacks work as advertised. I just put the Fairlane on the lift to change the tires, (dry rotted) and replace wheel cylinders. Nice to be able to sit on a stool or stand to work with the ramps as a temp table.

I am so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o envious!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

1001 uses

I had to change one of the wheels on the body buck today. I just rolled the body and buck under the lift and ran straps around the fender wells with padding and lifted it off with the lift. When finishe just let it bvack down, didn't even break a sweat. This is by far the best gift ever.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Slick, Jim! Are you planning to use it to set the body, as well?
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Pictures, please.
    Tony

Pics

I will try to post pics again. Still not having any luck, friend of mine is supposed to come by tomorrow to try to figure it out.

Pics

Naumoff, whats the secret to posting pics from my computer?

Diego, I just did this to get the engine, engine parts and trailer on the site. First thing I did is I went to pictures on my computer and created a file folder in pictures (e.g. trailer), then I connected my camera to the computer, the pics come up on a separate view I then selected the ones I wanted to download from the camera. Then dragged the pics I want to put in the file to the file folder name (e.g. trailer) released the mouse and they go into the file folder that I named. I do them one at a time, so you have to repeat the dragging for each picture.

Do my message then scroll down to attach files click on it and a bunch of browse boxes come up click on a browse box and it should go to Pictures I then select select the file folder (e.g. trailer) open it up and click on the picture of choice click on the open box and it loads the location. I then go back and repeat the process clicking on the next browse box select picture, etc. When you have all you pictures, then hit upload it takes about 3-5 minutes to upload the file so be patient it will tell you when it is done once done you click on post.

ALSO make sure that you use the "raw" setting or lowest resolution when you take the picture or it may get rejected for having too many pixels.

Hope this helps I am running Vista so my sets may be a bit different from yours but this I hope helps.

Ralph