Thread: Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day

Have a good day!!!!

Steaks on the grill for everyone!
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff;
    Steaks on the grill for everyone!
    Tony, that an invitation?
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Thanks, Tony - and the same to you. The wife and I jumped in the car went for a great drive (unseasonably cool here), stopped by the cemetery and placed some flowers on my Dad's grave, then my bride treated me to wonderful lunch. The kids are grown and have kids of their own, so it was a perfect day to relax and enjoy
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Quote Originally Posted by RJacobsen View Post
    Tony, that an invitation?
    Sure but I only have one steak left and it is first come first served.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Sure but I only have one steak left and it is first come first served.
    Tony, I'm going to take a rain check on that, so when we get together some day your buying, right?
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Hope you all had a great fathers day. My better half bought me a compression tester that will be used countless times. I have used them in the past to run a cylinder compression test, but last night i used the attatchment that threads in to the plug hole and throw the air to it so it won't drop a valve. [a bit more modern than threading a long peice of nylon rope through the plug hole for the same effect]I didn't have any valve work to do, but i figured I'd use it and try to find the location of my leak[s]. I got a quick lesson in how a steam engine works!!!!!!
    as you know, i had already removed my intake, rockers, push rods, spark plugs, etc and was so very careful to mark the distributor so it would drop right back in the same place, trying to think smart and think ahead.
    I guess I got overly excited with my new fathers day gadget, I forgot about "every action having an opposite reaction" or however that phrase goes. anyway, as most of you have already figured out the outcome....., I laid the air to it, just to watch my engine come to life. No fuel, no spark, and for a breif moment, no common sense . Needless to say, i lost my perfectly marked distributor location and had never marked the balancer, knowing i wasn't gonna turn the engine over, or better said.....Not thinking I was gonna turn the engine over! Oh well, finding where to drop the dist back in wont be hard and i got a chuckle out what happened. DUH!
    Eddie
    Last edited by robbinsshkr; June 22nd, 2009 at 10:31 AM.

Tony, I'm going to take a rain check on that, so when we get together some day your buying, right?
    Sure Rod!
    I am desperatly trying to make it to Homecoming in 2010.
    I will start to plan now. I have a job with paid leave now and should be able to plan for the trip. I can buy you a steak dinner there if you bring your car. My oldest will graduate from high school next year but that should not cause a conflict.

Eddie,
    You have no worries. it is easy to set the dizzy in the right spot and fire her right up.
    Tony

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Hope all the dads out there had a great day!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Sure Rod!
    I am desperatly trying to make it to Homecoming in 2010.
    I will start to plan now. I have a job with paid leave now and should be able to plan for the trip. I can buy you a steak dinner there if you bring your car.
    That's going to make for an expensive steak dinner. Maybe we can meet up halfway
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

That's going to make for an expensive steak dinner. Maybe we can meet up halfway
    don't know about next year but another Run&Gun in a few years in Illinois.
    Tony