Thread: Newbie

I have been wanting a C***a since the Gumbball Rally in 1976. I've been saving and researching for quite a while. Pretty much had my mind made up on a Factory Five. Mainly due to the cost, local well known builder and the FF forum. I do have issues with their body and the "perky butt". I was aware of Unique Motorcars but didn't think from a cost perspective it would work. However, after pricing everything out that I wanted it pretty much was a wash. Now I'm definitley leaning towards Unique. Are there any owners in the Greensboro, NC area? I would love to be able to see one in person and ask some questions.

Thanks,
    Frank

Welcome Aboard

Frank,

Welcome to our forum. I am not in the Greensboro area but this forum can answer so many questions for you. The search feature is very helpful and you will find that any Unique owner will offer thread upon thread in advise. I have not once regretted my choice of the brand. I researched for over a year, visited Unique's plant in Gadsden, drove other brands; but in the end the decision was easy. If I read into your question correctly you are looking for the traditional Cobra look. Unique has remained true to that tradition.

Ask questions and good luck.

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Thanks

You are correct with the "traditional" look comment. I'm very much that way with things. I have done a lot of research and cataloged a lot of information, mostly FFR stuff based on my previous post. I was setup today on this forum so I will definitley be doing a lot of searching. I plan on visiting Unique as well. Just want to do my due diligence before I go.

Frank,
    I have owned my Unique 427SC for over 8 years. The car just turned over 16,000 street driven and occasional track miles. The last 4500 miles have been with the addition of twin Paxton superchargers. You will find that Unique vehicles are very well built and rugged machines. They are also very correct in appearance. Unique cars are a very complete package yielding an enjoyable uncomplicated build.

This forum is also an excellent resource to search for the answers to your current questions.

Gumball Rally pushed me over the top also.

- Geary (Aggressor)
    Last edited by Aggressor; September 30th, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Hi Frank

Everyone has their reasons for buying the car they have and I am not putting any of them down . I looked at many of the cobra kits avaliable before I made my decision to buy a Unique . I have had mine for about 4 years now and have been very satisfied with my decision . When I go to car showes or down to the local Dairy Queen I always get the statements ," Thats a real one isn't it . " My reply is , "What makes you think it is " . Most people tell me it looks better built than "those kit cars ".I smile and say thank you . then I tell them where they can get one just like mine .
    Rick Findley

Thanks

The correct look is very important to me. That is very attractive part of the Unique car. Also, from what I have read you will not have a better experience from a company than with Unique. Any owners around Greensboro, NC??

Post newbie

im not in greensboro but if you are ever in the wilmington nc area ill be glad to talk to you and help you all i can. i have owned a 427 car and my current 289 FIA car for a total of 18 years. both UNIQUE cars. dont be swayed by the BIG advertising some of the others do. there is a lot of junk out there i do all my own work so i feel qualified to say... you will not find a better car than a UNIQUE. my email is mpfields@bellsouth.net

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Mike is being modest... his awesome car has been featured on the pages of KitCar magazine, as have a number of other owners' great cars here on this site.

Take him up on his offer. He'll be a wealth of information.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Thanks

I will definitely take Mike up on the offer. I appreciate everyomes responses and look forward to learning more.