Thread: Hood Latches?

Hood Latches?

Could somebody please post a picture of the inside of their hood latches. I have the outside handle but not the piece that bolts to it. If someone can post or send me a picture of it I'll try to fabricate a pair.

Thanks!

I've been keeping busy drilling holes in the body. I haven't yet decided where I want to drill holes to run the wiring for the right front and the rear. I want as few holes as possible in the firewall so I'm leaning towards running them through the trans tunnel on the passenger side.

The search feature on here has been a wonderful help! I'll try to post pics as I go along to get insight from you veterans and perhaps help those that build in the future.

Ron - Can't believe nobody has responed. I'll take some pics this weekend and try to post by Monday.
    Bob

Check out Finishline. They have 2 different sizes of the latch ends that slide over the end of the square shaft and are held on by a set screw.

Bill

Thanks, I was surprised there was no responce either. I've been to Lowes and they have the handle portion for under $20 but they don't have the latching mechanism. I was going to head out to the local garage door shop next but if finish line has some that will work I'll look there too.

Progress wise things are going slow due to lack of time to actually work on it..lol..today I finished up drilling and tapping the tonneau cover set screws and making a bracket for the fuse box. I'm mounting it next to the steering column. So far it appears the only firewall holes will be from the wiper assembly and front wirng harness on the top left. Engine and rear wiring is going to run through holes on each side of the trans tunnel.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Hood Latch Photos

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need another angle. I attached a top view, underhood view and the striker plate attached to the main body view.
    My first photo attachment, sorry not real clear. Let me know if this works, or I could try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0093.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	2061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0095.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	258.3 KB 
ID:	2062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0096.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	2063  

Thanks Dave! That's exactly what I needed! I appreciate your effort tremendously!

Ron - Here's another nice touch. Use end cap nutsover ends of hood hinge bolts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latch 004.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	2064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latch 003.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	2065  

Here's a pic of the hood latch I made thanks to Dave's pic. It's a bit blurry so maybe I'll take another when i get the chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images