Thread: Part 19 Tilton Pedal Assembly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Part 19 Tilton Pedal Assembly

If you have been following along you know that my car was not only missing a lot of parts but came with an assortment of spare parts as well. One of the extra parts was a Tilton 600 series overhung mount pedal assembly. This is a new part that was either intended for this car by the previous owner or just somehow got into the boxes with all the rest of the stuff, either way I had it and debated on whether or not to use it or just install the original pedals which I also have. In the end I decided to go ahead with the Tilton set-up even though I had already cut in the holes for the original pedals. (O well a little fiberglass fixed that).
    The Tilton set-up is very different from the standard Unique design in that the master cylinders face backwards off the top of the assembly. The whole thing is more commonly installed under the dash of whatever car it is going in but in this case I mounted it through the top of the foot-box. By using this assembly I now have 6.2 to 1 ratio pedals instead of the upside down mounted 5.5 to 1 ratio floor pedals that came with this car. It also moves the master cylinders away from the header heat and allows me to angle the pedals more towards the driver. On the down side it requires remote fluid reservoirs. All in all this ended up being a ton of work (I had to build a custom fluid reservoir and mounting bracket) and may not function any better than what is on the newer Unique cars, but it’s done now and unless it proves to be less than adequate I’m not changing it. Anyway here are the pictures.

Pedal assembly

Needed a cover for everything. I plan to use this later to vent the foot-box

Added some angle iron to attach the assembly to and add strength.
    ]

]

Remote reservoir has 3 different size separate chambers with sight glasses

Last edited by RJacobsen; November 14th, 2009 at 06:35 AM.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"