Thread: "Race Me" Sticker

"Race Me" Sticker

Hello All,

Why is it that everytime I go for a short ride someone pulls up beside me and really expects me to race them. My last two rides included a Mustang with the "tuned" sounding exhaust and my best yet is a late '80s Caddy with front wheel drive. He actually got quite upset when I would not spit him out my exhaust pipes or even light up the tires for him. While most folks will give you an appreciative wave, others must see an invisible "Race Me" sticker somewhere on the car. Three weeks ago a Vett ( that chevy thing) runs up on me from three lights back just to run beside me revving up the no sounding exhaust. By the way I do not drive on the street in manner that invites such company.

I guess it is a compliment in a way. But I do not want to see grown men cry so I let them go off in the sunset saying "boy he doesn't know how lucky he was !"

Looking forward to my next ride. Cobra salute to all.

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Just tell them they have to post $5,000.00 bond first, winner take all.

Absence of Knowledge

They really don't have a clue. I've settled in on goosing the throttle a bit and just letting them rack their engines leaving me behind. You just let them have their "brief moment of glory". When you're the meanest cat in the jungle there is little distinction running down and embarassing them.

Chalk it up to - Absence of Knowledge

- Geary

I don't even know how they notice you with color you chose.

Alan