Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold

Cold

Got up to start a fire at 0600 this morning. 15 degrees is pretty cold for South MS.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    Got up to start a fire at 0600 this morning. 15 degrees is pretty cold for South MS.
    No lie, Jim! It was 19 degrees right here at the Gulf of Mexico just before 7am on Friday Mornin' and it is 21 right now!

So much for global warming... this is chilly.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Thumbs down Cold

Today will be the eleveth day that we have not made it above freezing, hell we havn't been above 27.

This weather sucks, only 4 more months until Homecoming!!!
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

I think it is our 8th or 9th day and we are well south of Louisiville. Today whe are hoping for 34 degrees! YeeHah a heat wave!!

I would like to rub in the fact that we always have warm weather over here, but it's been darn cold here too.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Yo Rod - What do you call darn cold in your neck of the woods. Less than 70 but still above 60 perhaps.

Just bustin on ya a bit.

PA has been in the deep freeze seemingly forever. If you want to do something ugly - try waking up my FE after she's been out of the shop in the cold for 3-4 hours. Without chokes the trick is to pump enough prime fuel to get her running up on the primaries as quick as you can. If I'm closing my shop at 3:00AM it's real ugly. It doesn't tend to leave the neighbors with a warm and endearing feeling toward you.

- Geary

Geary, Your pretty close on that temp, been getting below the 50 mark here the last couple of days, (I almost had to put a coat on) . We did accually have a couple days below freezing last month, pretty rare for right here. By the way, I grew up in Montana so I know all about that cold weather, don't miss it one bit.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Went down to 19 degrees again last night... crispy-crunchy grass! Kitchen sink drain froze almost shut.. ran hot water to open it up and it works again... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Heat wave

Went on the boat to align engines this morning, when we came off this afternoon it was 45 degrees, a heat wave!

Highs only been 72-78 the last week or so in So Cal. Even got a little rain today. I do miss those -25 evenings in Wisconsin!

Ca

Was stationed at Travis AFB. There it would start raining in Oct and wouldn't stop until Apr or May.

Geary,
    you need one of those blow up car bag cover and just keep pumping hot air in it. Should do the trick just fine.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony - Good idea.
    When she's outside I do place a 1500 watt hairdryer underhood to keep the Paxtons warm. I don't want to blowout a seal with a 20 degree fireup.

-Geary

Geary, I am full of ideals. Here's another one. You could keep your Cobra in my garage. I will take good care of her.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

got the house a little too warm with the wood burning stove, had to turn the A/C on!

59 today went for a nice little ride.
    Tony

Just returned from a Midnight run.

- As Big Bird once said " I bout froze my gibblets."

It was exhilarating though - Adrenaline pumping - Never gets old

- Geary

Snow

Well global warming has struck with a vengeance again here in south MS. Woke up this morning to very large white fluffy disks falling from the sky and actually covering the ground. I haven't seen it snow here since the 70's when we were supposed to be going through another ice age. Its supposed to snow all day so maybe the grandson and I will get the sand rail out later and act like kids in the snow.

The heelers are trying to figure out whats going on, kinda funny to watch em.

Its snowing at Unique today, hard to warm up this big buiding.

Red face Cold

15 degrees is COLD for South (or North, or East, or West) ANYWHERE!!!!! Snow here in Birmingham today.
    Dennis M. Swann