Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold

Still Here

It's Sat morning and we still have snow on the ground. This is the first time I have ever seen the white stuff stick around more than a few hours after stopping here. How much did Gadsden Get?

Between 5 and 6 inches (depending on where I measured) here at the house. Most of it melted by mid-afternoon.

What's killing us here isn't so much the cold as the freaking rain/snow. Yeah, I know we needed it after the droughts of the last few years, but jeez. The ground has just absorbed all the gravel on my driveway, and it's reverting back to red clay. Oh, and because it's so wet, my buddy's dump truck can't get turned around in our pasture, so we can't put any more gravel on our and Mom & Dad's shared driveway until it dries out some.

I couldn't tell you when I washed our everyday drivers last. There's just no point in it with the driveway in this shape.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

driveway

Same here, I had a dumptruck load of gravel delivered four weeks ago. Its rained every weekend since and haven't been able to put on the driveway. There is a little mud but not real bad yet.

When the wife gets her new car out the first thing she does in town is hit the car wash to hose it down and upon returning home she does the same with the water hose before putting it in the shop. Funny thing is there isn't enough on the panels to even see!

Too warm to work in the garage yesterday so we pulled the Cobra out and contnued on the carpet. Almost complete. After spending my first 31 years in Wisconsin I can understand the cabin fever everyone gets this time of year. A couple photos that include some green grass.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3677.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	2138

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3676.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	2139

Name:	IMG_3669.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	2140

Name:	IMG_3662.jpg 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	2141

Nice reading all the emails about all the colder weather . It was 102 today in beautiful down town Jakarta . Can't wait to get home to see some snow . Probably all gone by the time I get home though .
    Rick Findley

Jarkarta

I was there many years ago, do you really like it there?

Quote Originally Posted by cal.cheesehead View Post
    Too warm to work in the garage yesterday so we pulled the Cobra out and contnued on the carpet. Almost complete. After spending my first 31 years in Wisconsin I can understand the cabin fever everyone gets this time of year. A couple photos that include some green grass.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3677.jpg 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	2138

Name:	IMG_3676.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	2139

Name:	IMG_3669.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	2140

Name:	IMG_3662.jpg 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	2141
    Cheesehead - your car is coming along nicely. Looks great
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Jakarta

Diegokid ,

Jakarta is ok . I have been going there for the past 5 years for work .It would be much better if it didnt take so long to get there .I spend about 34 hrs traveliing each way .

When it is cold here it is very hot there and when it is warm here it is raining everyday there so i keep a cold all the time .

How long were you there ?
    Rick Findley

Jarkarta

I've been several times but never lived there. Uncle Sam used to send us there for several weeks to a few months at a time. Last time there was just after Desert Storm. May have changed since then but there are several countries in Africa that never did change.