Thread: Wiper motor

Wiper motor

All my wiring came out fine with the exception of the wiper motor. I have swichable 12v from my switch. From the book I was suppose to hook up the red to the hot and ground the black. The third wire blue was capped. I did check and I have continuity between the blue and black. Any guidance wouild be appreicated. I would have called Allan today but I certain he's in preparation for the game!

Hmmmm.... mine indicates wire #46 (yellow/white) from the wiper motor to one side of the toggle and wire #32 (yellow) on the other side of the toggle to a 25A fuse. The black wire on the wiper motor is grounded.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

If you would like two speed wipers that have the "auto park" function: You will need to use a Lucas wiper switch. It's definately worth the effort. Kinda makes it like a real car. You won't have to flip the switch five times to get the wipers in their resting place.

The auto function is in the switch. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your car. I enjoy mine.
    MIKE DEL

Your Warranty Voided Here...If you can't open it, it's not yours.

289 USRRC, 357 Magnum Windsor

Switch

Do you have a part number?

For fully functional wipers use Lucas part number 35927. Wiring instructions are included or not, depends on where you buy it. If you need instructions let me know and I'll rumage through my archives and find them for you.
    MIKE DEL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Del View Post
    If you would like two speed wipers that have the "auto park" function: You will need to use a Lucas wiper switch. It's definately worth the effort. Kinda makes it like a real car. You won't have to flip the switch five times to get the wipers in their resting place.

The auto function is in the switch. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your car. I enjoy mine.
    "And your Unique isn't?" Tony said sarcastically
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

The reference is to the switch, not to the car. Note that the emphasis in the quote is your addition and not in the original. I know, you're just being funny! It's just the cabin fever kicking in. I'm already tired of looking at the cover over the Cobra. Maybe I should just get some snow tires for it.
    MIKE DEL

I have mud and snow tires on mine. What are you you waiting for?
    I am trying to be funny. Catching incomplete thoughts is a hobby of mine.
    Last edited by Naumoff; January 17th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear