Thread: Shipping

Shipping

Who have you guys used to ship your cobras? I welcome any advice on who to use. I am recieving a deluxe pallet kit. Thanks. AL to West Texas.
    Vapor Cone, I've been told, occurs just as you break the sound barrier!

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    It's less than a thousand miles... go get itand you won't miss out on the adventure. You could make it there in a day's drive if you had to... and you won't be worrying about someone messin' with your new girl!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

One good thing about going to pick up, you can take pictures of partially assembled cars and there's always some extras you can purchase from the Weavers. I use to drive to Roswell, NM twice a year from Birmingham and could make it to Abilene to bed down for the night.
    Bob

Talking

No doubt about it you got to go and pick it up the deluxe pallet kit. It looks like a completed car black and shiny really awesome. Don't miss out on the experience!

Ralph

Definitely go pick up if there's any way you can swing it. These guys are spot on - you want to spend at least a couple of hours at the shop, looking at details, taking pics, etc. to aid in your project.

Just burn your own "Driving CD", pop it in the player, and head east, young man!

(Among other artists on your CD, I'd recommend Jerry Reed, Willie Nelson, Sammy Hagar, The Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Eric Clapton, AC/DC, George Jones,... Can you tell that I love a good road trip every now & again???)
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Drbb, I had my dlp kit shipped last Feb to California. I used Enclosed vehicle transportation. The driver was great. There trailer secured the wheels such that the cars suspension absorbed the shock vs locking down the frame. The cost for me was 1800 Gadsden to LA. Initially the offered me a gauranteed 4 day delivery for 2400. Told me that for 1800 it would be theree in 10 days or less. Turns out it got there in 5 days for the 1800. The driver told me that this time of year they are running cars in and out of Barret Jackson, so they are moving around a lot. In a nutshell I was pleased with them. Another thing to be aware of is these co's just subcontract to owner operators. If you are interested I can find the name of the truck that delivered mine. You can request them. Good luck
    Tom

Ditto what cal.cheesehead said, EVT was who I used back in 2003 and no complaints with their service.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

I used EVT back in '03 as well, and I wasn't real happy with them. The driver who delivered the car was fine, but the lack of communication and follow up from the home office, the lack of ability to track the car, and an unexpected delay didn't leave me with any warm fuzzies. I checked their website today and it looks like they've grown quite a bit since I used them, so they must be doing something right (hopefully addressing their crappy customer service issues).
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

I've used Horseless Carriage Transport for my Cobra and for another vintage car. Very happy with the price and service both times.

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/
    Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

Going to get it myself?

Ok, if I go to get it myself how do you guys recommend trailering it? Enclosed, if so, rent from who? Towing, how to protect? Any advice is welcome, thanks.
    Vapor Cone, I've been told, occurs just as you break the sound barrier!

shipping

Used a pickup and a open trailer. Traveled from carlisle pa. to gadsen al. about 12 hours.one way.Took wheels and tires to make it roller. Put all parts in the back of pickup,seats,carpet, etc.Car was unpainted, so had no issues with open trailer.I agree picking up the car yourself is the best way. You get to see cars in different stages, and be able to ask questions on details you might not have thought off. You get to know the Weavers a little more, meet the fellows in the shop and take pictures.Take a friend along and make a good road trip out off it. Oh , i forget, almost any where you stop on the way back, you'll have questions and admirers from all sorts of people. So have a safe trip,and enjoy the build.
    Glenn