Thread: Let's talk tires.....

Question Let's talk tires.....

OK, I'm still running on (now) 7-year-old BF Goodrich T/A radials, which even at their newest and bestest were no match for the car. Looking around it seems the most likely candidates for replacement are either the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR radials or the Hoosier Pro-Street radials. Avons get rave reviews on other sites, but I've ridden on them in another car and they pick up Everything. And I do mean everything. Won't be much paint left on the lower rear quarters quick if I were to use them.

So. What do you folks run? I know Tony loves his Goodyear Billboards, so I suppose they're a possibility too. But their history with street use isn't reported to be all that good, prone to cuts and flats and etc. Anybody got some road time on the M/T's or the Hoosiers? Or do you have something else that just flat tickles you pink?
    Yeehah

Mickey Thompson

Tracy Arrington who was running Goodyear Billboards and myself who was running BF Goodrich T/A's just bought new Mickey Thompson Sportsmen.

We purchased 245/60 X 15 for the Front and 295/50 X15 for the rear, These tires are within a 1/10 of an inch the same diameter and width as the Goodyear Billboards.

I have not run mine yet, I am repainting the painted section of my Trigo Wheels. Tracy has had his mounted and advised me they look great on the wheels and took very little weight in order to balance. Within a few weeks I can give a better report. The tires look good, good tread design.
    We paid $470.00 a set delivered.

We will have both cars at Homecoming for all to view.
    Last edited by eliminator; March 30th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Question

Who did you get 'em from? Summit wants that much just for rears.
    Yeehah

Mickey Thompson Sportsman Tires

We bought ours from:

www.mccormackracing.com

Free shipping on mine. Good people to deal with.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Ah!

You got the S/T's. Between the price and the sizing, you had me puzzled. I'm looking at the S/R's, which are a different tire. But thanks for the link - will be handy!
    Yeehah