Thread: Driver Side mirror

Driver Side mirror

Does anyone know if the is a measurement or dimension to mount the driver side mirror.? Thanks

Cheese,

not sure there is a specific measurment, but i think most just place them in the spot that looks the best to them. Some put them closer to the top of the fender, some a little lower. I looked at photo's of where other placed theirs, but never ran across any measurments.Not a very good answer to what you were asking, but I think personal preference plays a big role in its placement. I think a lot of guy's leave them off completely. Your car is looking great!
    Eddie

I prefer mounting a Raydot style mirror on the windshield frame. The mount is available from Finishline and screws directly to existing threaded holes in the frame. While the traditional fender mount looks proper, I wanted a full usable rear view instead of seeing the back fender.

- Geary
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would sit in the car and let your wife moved the mirror around, mount it where you have the best line of vision. Gary does the mirror shake when the car is running?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Gary does the mirror shake when the car is running?

Alan
    I'm sure everything shakes when Geary's car is running
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

good one Rod
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Alan,

The mirrors are very stable. My windshield has the MG style center brace coupled with a reinforced center cowl bracket. The windshield frame is rock solid so general cruising doesn't affect the mirrors. Putting your foot into her on the other hand will cause everything to shake. The only drawback is that they compicate the use of the softtop with side curtains and wind wings. Getting in and out becomes a ritualistic undertaking involving 6 steps.

- Geary

IMHO the mirrors mounted on the fenders are worthless for seeing what is going on behind you. If you like the look, then mount them.... but be prepared to live with them. I use the windshield mount (very functional).

Don't know why I can't get this image to attach - here is the link....

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0/ppuser/15680
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)