Thread: Part 20 – Wiring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Part 20 – Wiring

One major job yet to be done on the car was the wiring or should I say rewiring. What I had to work with seemed to be quite a mess as illustrated by the following photos.

I was able to get my hands on a wiring manual for a 2003 Unique 427 (thanks Phil) and was glad to find out that the wiring in my car matched (for the most part) the wiring in the manual. I still had some differences to deal with (MSD box, dual fans with relays, oil pressure light, etc.) but the manual made most everything make sense. I discovered early on that the harness had plenty of wire included and decided to custom tailor it to my car. I shortened wires and replaced connectors and reworked pretty much everything. Here is the result for the dash area.

]

To get to the rear of the car I decided not to go through the tunnel. I ran a conduit under the passenger side door, through the wheel well and into the trunk.

]

All wiring to the engine and cooling fans is through one hole in the front right of the tunnel and along the frame rail.

Headlights, turn signals, brake wiring and horns are concealed on the left side and across the front.

To be continued…
    Last edited by RJacobsen; April 21st, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"