Thread: Color combo viewpoints wanted

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Color combo viewpoints wanted

Ok... I'm planning my build and will be at homecoming on May 14th to review all the Cobra cars there, talk with every one, tour the Unique facility and meet with the Weaver's for my likely upcoming order. I'm very aware many won't like my color combo being considered.... but I value everyone’s comments and viewpoint. I've shown this to many "non-Cobra" owners, painters, etc. All like it very much and no naysayers. But the real test is with all of you. I'll most likely paint my Cobra Ferrari Light Yellow, with white wide strips. I based this on a photo I first saw (see attached). You’ll note this car also had narrow white strips. Then I saw on the cover of Cobra Guide 2008 a third color introduced and I thought I'd make the narrow strips red. But I was very concerned on look….. so I made a mock-up and painted it to replicate the Cobra strips at the front (1:1 scale ~7.5” wide with a ½” narrow strip)…. Went off to Lowe’s to buy some plywood, the brightest high gloss yellow latex they had, ultra white trim paint and red electrical tape the attached pictures show the result. This serves the purpose well. And lastly, note in the Yellow Cobra picture with the man leaning on it and the red strips coming from the hood opening area over the top of the fenders and ending in the wheel well. Again, I like it…. But concerned it’s too much???

I'm not trying to please everyone.... but truly want to make an informed decision based on as much input as I can get. So speak up… pro or con. Thanks Much, Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow front.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	2177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0651.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	2179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	2181  
    Last edited by mkassab; June 27th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.