Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech questions

Engines run better with more air, I guess people do to.

Chris - Those black pipes look great with the dark blue and black walls. It really accents the body curves by not drawing your eyes to the pipes (like chrome).
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by spd4me View Post
    Chris - Those black pipes look great with the dark blue and black walls. It really accents the body curves by not drawing your eyes to the pipes (like chrome).
    Bob

The original ceramic coating lasted a pretty good while. Rock chips and humidity finally got the best of it. I had them recoated locally and I'll just say they won't get a recommendation from me. After a year here the coating looked like ass.

I like the look of black and BBQ paint is cheap. The nice thing is when they look a little ugly,mask off the side of the car and respray. Most of the paint I have tried will come right off with laquer thinner. Makes prep even easier. A little rust? Spray right over it.

I would rather drive mine than polish it. Hint to the frame polisher guy...
    Heck it's in the parking lot right outside the shop right now...

I was looking at my carpeting and belts...They are starting to fade REALLY bad.

Chris
    Last edited by chris knueven; May 6th, 2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Edited for that pesky speeeling...
    "Why built it if you are not going to beat on it ??"

Sounds like I might sell a few parts next week.

neighbors

You think your neighbors are bad with tools, you have no idea. My wife busted my windshield with a vacum cleaner, yes I said a vacum cleaner. As she said its all ok though cause Unique can sell me a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    You think your neighbors are bad with tools, you have no idea. My wife busted my windshield with a vacum cleaner, yes I said a vacum cleaner. As she said its all ok though cause Unique can sell me a new one.
    So the vacuum missed your head and hit the windshield? She must have a good arm.

Tires

I changed from 275 60 X15 to 295 50 X15 rear and run 245 60 x15 on the front. The new tires front and rear are M/T,s new tires which are the same as Cooper Cobra's. They are all made by Copper Tire in OH.

My wheels are Trigo's, pin drive front and back, 7 1/2" front and 10" back I beleive.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Your intake will fit, but as Chris said you will need a drop base air cleaner. I use the same one that Alan and Maurice have on their Ernie Elliot car and my Super Victor is about an inch taller than your intake.
    I had ordered 3:54 gears with my car, but it came with a 3:31 ratio because they couldn't get the 3:54 at the time. I really like the 3:31 gear and it is perfect in these light cars with a TKO 600. First gear is usable and 70 mph is 2500 in fifth gear (.82 Overdrive). Unless you are drag racing, the 3:73 is overkill and you will not be able to put the power to the ground.

Tell Unique what size tire you want to run and they will make it work. They built my FIA so that a 315/35 17 fits just fine.

Go for a ride with Chris at homecoming, it is an experienced not to be missed!

Justin

Unique did a perfect fit on my wheel/tire combination. Close fit without excessive "air" between the body and tires. A very proper look.

- Geary

Question for Eliminator

Rick
    I was wondering why are you putting 295/50's on the rear. While I am happy with my 295's I am considering going from 295/50's to 275/60's for the look and a bit more nose down rake.
    The images of you car kind'a sold me on the 275's.

-Geary

Change

Geary,

I started comparing the actually tire sizes to the Goodyear Billboards and thought I would try the 295's. After this week-end and a lot of driving I like the 295's. I always had a little issue with the 275's on the passenger side about the middle of the passenger seat back. Under the car it would rub a place about 3" long and 3/4" wide. The glass was a little thick in this area of the body. I could have taken about 1/4" of glass out and reshaped the area to fix it but I didn't.
    The M/T's in the 295 really look good, look like the sidewalls on the Goodyear's. They are about 1 " wider and 1" smaller in diameter than the 275's. Car drove really good with the new tires, fuel consumption with the 273 grear and smaller diameter tires was about 10.5 MPG. We ran back from Barber Motorsports at about 3,000 to 3,200 RPM all the way to Gadsden, 60-63 miles per hour.
    So really no big reason for the change, just doing something different.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear