Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerrod Weaver

Unhappy Jerrod Weaver

Just a heads up to all the "extended" Weaver family. Jerrod Weaver (Maurice & Kim) was struck in the face by a line drive during a softball game last night. He was taken to Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) with a fractured skull and must have some surgery to remove bone framents from his sinus cavity.

Please keep Jerrod and whole family in your prayers!
    Dennis M. Swann

Done....Hope all goes well.

Thanks for the news, will call Maurice this AM, hope all goes well for Jerrod.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

I just got off a plane in phoenix when Maurice called with the news, we should know more this morning.

Alan

Alan, keep us posted so we're not all trying to get to Maurice. One good thing..... kids are tough. I remember what my kids went through. Our thoughts are with them all.

Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

I will put Jerrod on our prayer list at church.

Ralph

Jerrod

Will put him on the prayer list.

We will also put Jerrod on our pray list.

Thumbs up Jerrod

Update: I spoke with Maurice this morning and Jerrod is at home. He rested pretty well last night and is not on any perscription pain medicine (young & tough). He is scheduled to meet with a neurosurgeon on Monday to schedule the needed surgery after the swelling goes down. Maurice sounded up-beat and apparently Kim feels much better also.

I got an e-mail from Megan and she said she would post his "mug shot" soon as she gets back from Arizona.

Keep em all in your prayers!
    Dennis M. Swann

Jerrod

Good News! Thanks for the update Dennis. Jerrod and family in our prayers. Gary

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Best Wishes

Hoping for the best. Sorry to hear of the accident. Prayers for a quick recovery headed your way...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Red face Update on Jerrod's Repairs & Modifications

Jerrod saw a neurosurgeon at Brookwood Medical Center yesterday and is scheduled for surgery at 11:00 am this Wednesday. His injuries are worse than initially thought and he has a fractured shull in the area of his sinus cavity and a crack in the rear of his skull. His surgery will include insertion of a metal plate in front to prevent future indention of his skull. I know this sounds terrible (and I even left out some details), but Kim was upbeat, Maurice seems steady and Jerrod is in good spirits (as always).
    Please keep the whole family in your prayers and say a special one on Wednesday for success of the surgery and a speedy recovery!!!!!
    Last edited by dmswann; June 8th, 2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Dennis M. Swann

Jerrod is out of surgery and doing well, his sinus wasn't as bad as they originally thought, just had to clean them out. They removed about 50 bone fragments and used some type of mesh to fill the dent in his forehead. He will stay the night in B'ham and hopefully be able to come home tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

Alan

Thumbs up Jerrod

Remind Megan to post that "MUG SHOT" on the forum! Glad to hear he is doing OK and the prayers will continue for a speedy and "FULL" recovery. Maybe it will have the same benefit as a cosmetic "nose job" and he can find a girl friend now!
    Dennis M. Swann

It can't hurt.

Alan

Man that is terrible, reminds me when I was playing 2nd base 13 yrs old, had a guy in a pickle between 2nd and third looked around the runner and caught it in the eye. Told the girls it was from a fight. Had a good month of attention.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Jerod on prayer list

Maurice and Kim. Very sorry to hear the news. Jerod is on my prayer list and we pray all goes well as we know he's in God's hands.

Our best to your Son

Sandy and I give our best to you guys.
    Heres wishing him a speedy recovery.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Jerod, Maurice and Kim. And so glad to hear the prognosis is positive.
    Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

Jerrod was released from the hospital this morning and is on his way back to Gadsden. He just about wore the button out on his morphine pump but seems to feel better today. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Alan