I have done many searches on this subject, also talked to someone at Unique( can't remember who) a couple of years ago who told me to just sock them down tight. This to me would make sense if the motor mount was a solid mount, then the engine, frame, and side-pipe would all be vibrating/moving in unyson creating no stress points.
My motor mount is not however, it has rubber in it to provide flex.
What worries me is that that motor is moving separately from the frame, so if you sock down on the fastener you would now be creating a hard point at the side-pipe mounts.
My present situation (the way I bought the car) is 5/16 bolt with a washer under the head, then a spring followed by another washer. The spring is similar to a brake shoe spring. I have lost a few of these bolts already, must have vibrated out, maybe I should have install the bolts with locktight? I also cut some radiator hose into 1x1 squares and put them between the frame and the side-pipe mount.
I'm really sick of all the make shift rigs and would really like to have the correct set-up I just don't want to crack out the the headers anywhere.
I was actually considering a solid motor mount then socking up on the sidepipe mount fasteners.
any thoughts on this fellas, anybody running solid motor mounts or have some sound advice?
Thanks...Dave