Thread: Initiation of new Member Forum?

Initiation of new Member Forum?

I want to start to document my build and want to create a "build" forum in the Member Forum section. Can anyone advise where I start? In any case, I wanted to share what I'm doing, lots of picture of the parts and build, etc. etc.

Thanks Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Well, this isn't good.... Not one reply on how to add a new forum in the Member Forum ?? I know it's possible, there are several there? I've sent PMs to the Member Forum moderator.... NO Reply ! I've sent PMs to our forum Administrator..... NO Reply ! Now what? I've literally hit a brick wall. Anyone with any ideas what to do next.... want to document my build.
    Thanks Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Who did you make mad?

Mark,

I do not have an answer to your question but if we keep this thread alive long enough, sooner or later, someone will step up to the plate. I documented my build as I am sure others did, but not through the forum. I would like to see another on-going build on the forum.

Good luck,

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Ric
    I guess I can document the build on Club Cobra forum? Where/how did you document your build? Thanks Mark

Mark, I'm not sure how to start a new build forum, mine was started several years ago and at the time the site was useing different software. get in touch with Patrick (Pbrown) he should be able to get you set up.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Rod,.... I sent a PM to Pbrown over a week ago.... he's the moderator of the Member Forum site.... but no response? maybe on vacation.... I give it a bit more time I guess?

You might try an e-mail to him.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Patrick (pbrown) is the guy to talk to..... might try Facebook as well, as he has "friended" a number of us. Keep in mind this is vacation time also. I check in regularly when I'm around and, as you can see, it has taken me a while to come across your post.

Good luck....... don't give up, and keep us up-to-date. Lots of good folks here willing to give advice.....
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Unhappy

Mark;
    Word to the wise: back up all your photos and TEST your back-up software before you need it. Don't ask me how I know this; my documentation project went down the digital sewer.
    Bill
    Bill Stradtner, Portsmouth, VA
    427 S/C #9442
    427W Dart "Replica" Ford Engine

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
    Patrick (pbrown) is the guy to talk to..... might try Facebook as well, as he has "friended" a number of us. Keep in mind this is vacation time also. I check in regularly when I'm around and, as you can see, it has taken me a while to come across your post.

Good luck....... don't give up, and keep us up-to-date. Lots of good folks here willing to give advice.....
    Thanks... just went to facebook and did a search on pbrown. Found a pbrown in Washington.... is this the right pbrown? In any case, I sent him a message on facebook.... let's see what the results are.

Quote Originally Posted by sllib View Post
    Mark;
    Word to the wise: back up all your photos and TEST your back-up software before you need it. Don't ask me how I know this; my documentation project went down the digital sewer.
    Bill
    Bill, as they say in the south, "I hear that". I keep a backup on a sepeate drive.... two of them! I've Been there, done that on the "digital sewer"

Thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    Thanks... just went to facebook and did a search on pbrown. Found a pbrown in Washington.... is this the right pbrown? In any case, I sent him a message on facebook.... let's see what the results are.
    Washington state is correct.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.

Well, no luck. The pbrown in Washington on Facebook I PM'd replied and said.... I'm not the Unique Cobra pbrown.

So, I'm back to square one. Hopefully Patrick is on vacation and I'll hear something soon.

Patrick "Friended" on FB. He lives in Seattle, but there has been no activity on his Wall since February. I have his e-mail address if you are interested, but it is most likely the same one you have tried. Makes me wonder who has there hands on the steering wheel of this website/forum (if it goes down who is going to fix it!).
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

Patrick "Friended" on FB. He lives in Seattle, but there has been no activity on his Wall since February. I have his e-mail address if you are interested, but it is most likely the same one you have tried. Makes me wonder who has there hands on the steering wheel of this website/forum (if it goes down who is going to fix it!).
    Phil, I'll try his email if you share it with me.

thanks Mark

You have mail.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

You have mail.
    got it.. thanks

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    It seems I recall that Patrick was doing some traveling for work a while back... this might be ongoing. He was more difficult to reach the last couple of times I tried to contact him... took a while for him to get back to me. He is probably just busy. But he must be keeping an eye on the forum.

And Washington is correct... or it was.
    Last edited by Slither; June 24th, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

The new forum has been created. I did not recieve a PM. Maybe it went to someone else. I did get an email this morning.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Thanks

Thanks Patrick..... I'll start building the site in the coming days.... and will be working on it the rest of the year.

Mark