Thread: Exterior, Headlights, Hood Scoop, Paint, Wheels & Tires

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exterior, Headlights, Hood Scoop, Paint, Wheels & Tires

Well we settled on a paint color... we knew we wanted yellow.... no doubt... but what yellow??

We want a similar paint job as in the attached “this color combo” picture….. i.e., Yellow, 2 wide strips (9” to 7.5”) and a pair of red team strips on the front left fender. When I drop off the eng and other parts July 9th at Unique, I’ll take some painter’s tape to lay out the final location of the red team strips on my body with Alan. Based on the picture, it looks like the leading edge of the first strip is about 6” back from the front hood seam and flows down to the ~1 to 1:30 position on the wheel opening. Based on my “scale” measurements, the team strips are 2” wide with a 1” separation. Also a simple bright (wet looking) RED paint is good here (like Porsche or Ferrari would use).

When we visited the Barber International Raceway in Birmingham, AL during Unique's Homecoming, we went the the Vintage museum there and saw, first hand, the color we really liked on a Polaris Victory Vegas motorcycle on display (there were over 600 bikes on display.... so a very good place to pick colors !) To top it off, I was able to grab Alan and show him first hand the color we wanted him to paint. When he saw the paint, he said it's either a candy or DuPont Hot Hues paint. So, we were able to visit a DuPont Hot Hue store and view the Hot Hue paint chips and they also confirmed the Polaris Victory Vegas paint colors we saw at Barber (I’ve attached several pictures in the Victory pictures attached). So if you go to the paint shop, have the guy look at the DuPont, Hot Hues under POLARIS. You’ll see other manufacturers like Harley, etc. Once in the Polaris paint section, you see the following:

The main body color is FLAME YELLOW. Paint Code SE 4404, Hot Hue Formula 780325
    The center stripe color is TURBO SILVER. Paint Code SE 4801, Hot Hue Formula 780319

Since Victory took the time to match the Flame Yellow and the Turbo Silver (see attached pict's).... we're going with the same color combo, Flame Yellow main color, Turbo Silver wide race strips and the "wet" bright red team strips on the left front fender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	2274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0795.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	2275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow-silver6.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	2276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow-silver1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	2277  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this color comgo.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	2278  
    Last edited by mkassab; September 15th, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.