Thread: Final Assembly, Clear Bra, Zanio Bro's products

Final Assembly, Clear Bra, Zanio Bro's products

Coming soon
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

In the final stages of the build

Well, I picked up my Cobra from Unique on Sept 30th. I took some time off from work and spending most nights in the garage. I registered the car on Oct 1 as a '65 and now have antique tags

All plumbing done (water, oil, gas). All SS braided lines made and connected. Dash all connected and installed. Electric mostly done. Security installed. Connection points for 5 point seat belts installed. Applied Lizardskin ceramic coating on interior. And a million little things.

See other sections for some detail pictures. Alan and Maurice have been very helpful.... as I call them a lot ! I put a schedule on myself by registering in my first car show on Nov 12th .... Emerald Coast Cruizin in Panama City, FL.

This week, sound/heat proofing material interior, trunk carpet, interior carpet, seats and install seat belts.

Maybe a drive around the block this weekend?

TBD: Stereo, clearbra, light polish and Zanio coating.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Finishing touches

Now that the main part of the build is complete.... I'm in final prep for the Emerald Coast Cruz’in car show Nov 12 and 13. I'm going to do a light polish follow by applying Zanio products. My 1965 Florida tag came yesterday.... and it's now installed replacing my Antique tag. Notice the very happy owner/driver for the first test run!! I love this car.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB020016.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	2449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1141.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	2450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	2451  

all polished and ready for my first car show

She's all grown up

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	2457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1216.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	2458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	2459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	2460  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	2461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	2462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	2463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1117.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	2464  

Polished and Zanio'd

I did 3 seperate polishes.... Griot's polish #3 and #4 followed by Zanio polish. Then I put 3 coats of Zanio #5 with ZFX and 2 coats of Zanio #2. Between each coat, I applied Zanio spritz. the paint feels as smooth as glass and NO swirl marks at all. Zanio is a GREAT product. Check out the paint close ups

As that famous band leader said... "Wonderful.. Wonderful"

Mark

Name:	IMG_1177.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	2465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1178.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	2466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1180.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	2467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	2468  

Last edited by mkassab; November 18th, 2010 at 05:22 AM.

Mark - She really looks good in sunlight. Simply "Striking" in appearance. The type of look that grabs you by the throat and slaps your face for attention.

She's a beauty - A one of a kind look -Very well done.

- Geary

Zaino

I have used Zaino Brothers products for years (especially as they are a New Jersey based company). They have beaten the competion for years - even the big boys, domestic an abroad. I've also noticed that when Zaino comes out with something - Meguiers or Mothers has a knock off out two years later. Dirt easy to use - Bulletproof results.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    Mark - Simply "Striking" in appearance.
    - Geary
    I agree, striking. Alan does nice paint work!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Thanks all for the comments!

Mark

Mark - Nice looking ride. Feels good to build something that pretty. 2 questions. Have you notices any performance problems with the top air cleaner filter cover? At 4500 rpm, my motor begins to sputter. With the metal cover it's okay. Did you just use thermo sleeve to cover your spark plugs?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by spd4me View Post
    Mark - Nice looking ride. Feels good to build something that pretty. 2 questions. Have you notices any performance problems with the top air cleaner filter cover? At 4500 rpm, my motor begins to sputter. With the metal cover it's okay. Did you just use thermo sleeve to cover your spark plugs?
    Bob
    Bob
    I have no problems what so ever with the K&N Xtreme AirFilter at any RPM. I'll bet Brent, from B2 Motorsports, can provide some thoughts on your issue. Brent?

Regarding the thermo sleeve... yes, I just bought 8 sleeves (one for each plug). I also bought a long thermo sleeve I ran a lot of wires through to do two things... 1. protect from heat and 2. hide the wires.

Mark

Define sputter....

It's either to much air or not enough gas. Sounds the same. If I'm driving down the interstate at 2800 rpm and put the pedal down, it will run great up to say 4500 rpm and then act like it's run of of gas. I can pull over, put the metal cover on and it will run like a top up to the rev limitor 6500 rpm. Doesn't make since because I can take the whole cleaner of and it runs great. Someone said it may have to do with the way the air is moving into the carb. I've got a Holley 750 with a ProForm main body (jets 74) with no choke.
    Bob

That was going to be my next question.....how does it run with no air cleaner at all.

I do think you're onto something though, a lean condition will cause a stumble. I know on the dyno, we have an air system that dumps straight into the carb via a big duct hose. Taking that duct hose off and letting the carb suck dyno room air causes it to go a little richer.

The lid of that air cleaner may be causing a lean condition. If you wanted to try, you could jet up and see what happens. More air and more fuel = more power.

Quote Originally Posted by B2 Motorsports View Post
    More air and more fuel = more power.
    Bob... that's Brent "The tool man Talyor" speaking... More Power !

Mark

Always good to have somebody that knows what's goin on. I changed from the original main jets from 72 to 74. Maybe one day I'll try a 76. I checked out the Zaino Bros web site and sounds like a lot of rubbin and buffin. But we car guys like to rub and buff. Kind of like bumpin and grinden with our wives. Is mixing the additive like adding a hardening agent to paint?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by spd4me View Post
    Is mixing the additive like adding a hardening agent to paint?
    Bob
    NO.... the Z5 or Z2 product is like anyother other liq wax.... i.e, somewhat thick/soupy. the ZFX is like water. Just add the drops of ZFX, shake.... let stand 5 min's and shake one more time. It's good for 6 hours. Your base coat only needs the ZFX. If you add more coats later (I do one coat monthly (takes 30 or 45 mins), No ZFX needed. I use ZFX once a year. With ZFX, you can put up to 3 coats in that 6 hour period. it really wipes on/off very easy.... even hard to break a sweat!

Mark

autogeek

When you have broken/dislocated shoulders and or collar bones the rubbing becomes harder. Theck out the porter cable polisher at autogeek.com makes life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    When you have broken/dislocated shoulders and or collar bones the rubbing becomes harder. Check out the porter cable polisher at autogeek.com makes life easier.
    that's what I used. That's how I applied the 3 polishes. Could use on the Zanio.... but not required. It really is easy to apply and remove.

Mark
    Last edited by mkassab; November 29th, 2010 at 08:03 AM.

ClearBra applied

Since we were going to visit our son and daughter-in-law over Thanksgiving in Tampa FL, I went ahead and trailered the Cobra to a great Clear Bra installer in Stuart, FL (east coast, Port St Lucie West Palm Beach area). The Installer is Joe, owner of the ClearShield Protection and Automotive Candy Store. He’s so good, it’s worth the 600 mile one way trip. I ended up doing the entire front forward of the hood seam, the radiator frame that hangs down in the front, tops of the doors, behind all 4 wheel wells, the fronts of the rear wheel wells, under the rear fenders behind rear wheels and the leading edge of the hood scoop. Joe also did the hood rod area where it attaches to the hood and the inter fender wells where any ss braided hose might rub.Mark http://www.clearshieldprotection.com...ectionfilm.htm
    Face Book http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...c/160560314950

Name:	Unique Cobra 6.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	2472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unique Cobra 1.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	2473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unique Cobra 5.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	2474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unique Cobra 4.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	2475  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unique Cobra 3.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	2476  
    Last edited by mkassab; November 29th, 2010 at 08:04 AM.