Thread: My 427 S/C on the road

My 427 S/C on the road

Hi,

My name is Garry Bopp and I live just outside Atlanta, in Covington, GA. My car is #4279530 and is titled as a 2008 Unique. Engine is a Southern Automotive 482" FE stroker, with Pond aluminum block. Tremec TKO 600 with QuickTime scattershield. 15" Vintage pin drive wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes.

Garry

Nice car

Garry,

Nice car. '08? Where have you been?
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Very nice Garry! Tell us about the build... you know, pics 'n stuff.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Most excellent - She's a fine looking Unique.

- Geary

Ric,

I had a few questions for Maurice and he mentioned the forum ... I didn't know it existed until a few days ago.

The car was just completed and titled recently, but I had initially registered it in the state of Georgia in Oct. '08 ... thus it is titled as a 2008 Unique.

Garry

Slither,

The car was a Deluxe Pallet Kit + ... the body was already painted and the engine/tranny installed. Plumbing, wiring & interior work was completed by a local pro. I did very little of the work on this car. Still have some driveability issues to work out and I'm finding the 482" FE likes to run very warm in stop and go driving. Also, have to get it in for an alignment/balance. I'm taking it up to Road Atlanta for a weekend motorcycle and car show this weekend. Praying for good weather!

Garry

Welcome to the forum Garry!!

Hey Garry, welcome to the forum. Just wanted to let you know that my car looks like the twin of yours (including the Pond block).

I live in Flowery Branch and was planning to go to a car show at "Year One" up in Brasselton on Saturday evening (I think it starts around 4 or 5 PM).

Give me a call and let's see if we can hook up sometime Saturday. I wasn't aware there was something going on at Road Atlanta (10 miles from my house) but I'll check that out.

Al Slide
    818-519-6007