I'd appreciate input from anyone who's had experience with Tilton Clutch-Flywheel assemblies, preferably the complete Tilton Flywheel-Clutch-Hydraulic Throwout package. But any input or tips on a particular aspect would be beneficial.

My FIA will be used primarily for spirited two-lane touring (read occasional non-competitive road racing), NOT long Interstate spans or drag racing.

I am mating a SBF with an estimated 460hp/450lb.-ft. to a Toploader. I would like to use a recommended Tilton OT-Series 7.25”, 2-plate Rally Clutch, Cerametallic disks, 157T Flywheel, Hydraulic Release Bearing.

1. Since the SBF has a 28oz. imbalance and the Tilton Flywheel is neutral balance, should I:

a. Add the 28oz. imbalance weight to the Tilton “neutral” balance Flywheel?

i. Weld the weight or tap and bolt in on?

b. Drill the opposite side to compensate?

c. Internally balance the engine using a “neutral” balance Tilton Flywheel and “neutral” balance Harmonic Balancer?

2. Is there any benefit or detriment to:

a. The Sintered Metallic versus the Cerametallic disks?

b. Are they equally safe from blowup?

3. Is there any benefit or detriment to:

a. The more expensive 600-series Hydraulic Release Bearing which is a simpler "bolt-on" the transmission item?

b. The less expensive 400-series requiring machining/modification to bellhousing/fitting to attach to the inside of the bellhousing?

4. Since a Tilton OT-Series clutch does not slip until the torque is 50% above the rated torque capacity, (making the rating rather conservative) should I:

a. Adhere to the pressure plate ratings or add margin capacity?

b. Consider the “High” or “Ultra-High” Pressure Plate Ratio?

5. Is this assembly:

a. As safe (“blow-proof”) as advertised?

b. Safe enough that I could use an original FoMoCo aluminum bellhousing?