Thread: Question for Alan or Maurice

Question for Alan or Maurice

..... are the -10 AN oil line 90 degree fittings you use "reusable", like can I remove them and use them on another hose?
    I'm fitting my car with a Canton Accusump and putting together a parts list I'll need and don't care to order stuff I won't use or need.
    Thanks,

- Jim -
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

hey Jim,
    Obviously I’m not Alan or Maurice, but I’ll share a comment….

The answer is yes you can reuse (at least from my experience). Having said that, if they are marred in any way, replace.

I too am installing the 3qt. Accusump. Assume you’re adding the electric switch and a check value? Be careful you order the correct elec sw. for your intended purpose I also changed the pressure gauge to a Canton oil filled one.

Good Luck, Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Thanks for the reply Mark. I've seen both "one time" and reusable, and can't remember how to tell the difference .... without tearing one apart

I'm going with the 2 quart unit just to make installation and plumbing easier. It should do the job too. The 3 looks like it will be a tight fit with the standard electric valve stuck on the end of it. I'm fabing a bracket to mount it on top of the cross member just in front of the engine. Sticking the 'T' and check valve in the oil cooler return line. Only new hose will be about a foot or so long between the electric valve and 'T'. If that route works out, I may not even have to go down the road of opening up any of the present AN fittings to change their lengths; just cut a small section from the oil cooler hose and fit in the 'T' and check valve. But of course, what usually looks like a workable plan sometimes turns out to be un-workable for some small overlooked obstacle
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Jim, On the elec valve, I'm not mounting mine on the end of the AccuSump... I'm mounting mine under the AccuSump. I'll come out of the AccuSUmp with a 90 elbow (1/2" NPT to 10AN), hose to elec valve, then into the tee. Another option you would have is use a standard 1/2" NPT plumbing elbow. Just put the elbow on the elec valve first, then into the Accusump. I mounted the elec valve under the Accusump to save room and allow the 3qt. In my Mark's build forum, you can see the diagram I'm using (in the engine & cooling section pg 2 http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8223&page=2 ). Maurice is fabricating into my build a mounting plate between the front shock towers. On the engine side will be the Canton oil filter canister #1 large, the Canton oil thermostat in the middle, then another Canton oil filter #2 fine. On the radiator side of the mounting plate will be the AccuSump. If you haven’t yet installed a Oil Thermostat, this would be a good time to do so. The Canton thermostat prevents the oil from reaching the oil cooler until the oil reaches 215 deg’s. This temp is important cause any water vapor to burn off.
    And one last caution.... don't forget to add the two extra quarts (plus the amount you lose from your oil system and extra lines) of oil before you start your engine.
    Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Jim they are reusable, I use anti sieze so they should be easy to take apart.

Alan

Thanks Alan
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland