Thread: Another Unique win!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Unique win!

Brian and I took our Unique FIA and his Shelby GT-H to a small, but well attended, local car show this weekend. There were about 60 cars there, mostly 60s muscle cars, a few vintage cars, rat rods, hot rods, trucks, and lots a newer Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers. Cobras are a rarely seen at shows around here and was put into the "race car class" as it was determined to be the closest one. At the end of a HOT 100+ degree day, everyone was called to the pavillion for the awards. The first class called was the "race car class" in which we were awarded 1st Place. Since this was the only class that did not award a second and third place trophy, we're not sure if there were even any other cars in the catagory. As the awards dragged on, we were eager to get out of the sun, so we walked back to the cars to leave ahead of the crowd. I had just fired up the Cobra, and saw Brian pull along side and yell that they just called our name again. I shut down and unbuckled and ran back to the pavillion where they were waiting with the "Best of Show" trophy awarded to our car. It was a pleasant surprise, and made a very hot day more bearable. The car was hit at the show because most people there had never seen one up close, and was so very different from all the other cars. We even did a live radio spot during the show and were asked what it took to get a car like ours to its present condition, but had to answer in 2 minutes or less. I know I am preaching to the choir when I tell you guys what a great product that we have in our Unique Cobras, but even show guys that have seen other makes, always comment on how good Uniques look. Way to go Weavers!

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gravette1a 001.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	2345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gravette1a 003.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	2346  
    Last edited by Glenview289; August 16th, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added signature