Thread: FIA 289 replacement shifter boot - bellows type

FIA 289 replacement shifter boot - bellows type

I own Unique Motorcars '64 FIA 289 Cobra #9299 (with a Ford T5 transmission). It has its original build rubber bellows shifter boot which has worn out and is in need of replacement. The boot's chromed retaining flange is oval with outer diameters of 5" (fore - aft) and 4 1/2" (side to side). The flange's width is 5/8" and it bulges inward an additional 1/8" around the four retaining screws. The shifter handle is 5/8" in diameter and has a 45 degree bend forward beginning at 3" above the retaining flange on top of the center console. The upper portion of the boot joins the shifter handle just below the 45 degree bend.

I purchased what I had hoped would be an appropriate replacement boot through "Finishline" but it does not fit the chrome base flange as the "Finishline" boot is circular (not oval) and has a larger, 5 5/8" diameter circular base with a molded in stiffner .

Could anyone please direct me to a source and part number for the original build type oval based shifter boot? Thanks.

- Bill Doolittle (Unique Motorcars built FIA 289 Cobra #9299)
    doolittleww@comcast.net

We stock them, call me on Monday.

Alan
    256-546-2395