Thread: Power Brakes

Power Brakes

Just a note to see if there is any interest generated in a power brake upgrade for your Unique car. These vintage Girling units were a common option on many British cars in the late 60's-early 70's. The Girling servos are remote mounted downstream from the master cylinder and are a relatively easy installation. The vacuum operated servos almost double the brake line pressure.
    I am planning on adding the vintage twin Girling servo setup to my car. It will be installed as on CSX3015 in the 60's. The only immediate problem is sourcing the parts. I am doing the legwork now and have several possible sources for the parts. If these vendors/products are satisfactory, I would be able to provide a twin servo kit complete with brackets, hoses, lines, and fittings. With the individuality of our cars, some minor fitting adjustments will probaby occur.
    Included is an image of CSX3015 showing the servo units. The servos black vacuum canisters are easily seen forward of the waterpump pulley.

- Geary
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aggressor; October 6th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.