Thread: Windshield wipers

Windshield wipers

What is needed to make the windshield wipers self parking?

Good timing when you flip the off switch.

You need to get the Lucas switch, and a wiring diagram to wire it properly to the wiper motor. The motor you have probably has 5 terminals on it, they are, ground, hot, low, high, and park. Took me a little time to understand how it works but not to bad, when your done you have two speeds and park.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

As far as I could tell, my wiper motor had two wires.... Red/Black..... Maybe the newer wiper moter doesn't have the low/hi/park? Sure does't matter to me as I have no intention to ever use it..... notice the word intention.

Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

We switched wiper setups a few years back, the new assembly is an street rod aftermarket item unlike the old MGB setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    As far as I could tell, my wiper motor had two wires.... Red/Black..... Maybe the newer wiper moter doesn't have the low/hi/park? Sure does't matter to me as I have no intention to ever use it..... notice the word intention.

Mark
    I didn't think I would ever use mine either, but on my trip to Euro Sunday we got into a foggy area and soon had a fine mist on the windshield, probably could have gotten by but "just like a real car" I turned on the wipers and took care of the problem
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Switches

I believe mine has the five terminals. I will look today. So I need a switch for multiple speeds like the blower motor? I made the shutoff slide for the wifes footbox and rolled a piece of alumn. pipe for the output to the dash a while back.

We are all sick here, I haven't missed work for sickness in years until this week. Wife's getting it now. I don't envy her this stuff was terrible.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Sorry to hear you are feeling bad, Jim. Hope you get well soon!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear