Quote Originally Posted by arrowdriver View Post
Anybody running the Firestone Indy 500 tires? The consumers ratings seem to be better than most others.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ireSearch=true
They are ok . A little shimmy at 60-70 range. Some auto crosses and they are now crap. Will not buy them again.

We spend a lot of money on our cars so I say put some money in our tires. The big problem is no one makes a quality "street" tire for 15' RIMS. I am thinking of buying Avon DOT tires from Krause racing or Goodyear drag radials. Haven't heard any feedback in those yet. Heard guys running the Goodrich drag radials with great results. I am interested in the Mickey Thompson's SR but have not heard any feedback on them being run on a Cobra. Avons get great feedback from Cobra drivers. I have a set of Goodyear Billboards and they look great but are bias ply and until they are heated up are not very pleasant. I also have a set of Goodyear blue streak slicks. Awesome awesome awesome but they are racing slicks and are not good for everyday street driving. Very lightweight and absolutely no shimmy.