To me, what looks like the door edge molding that you can buy at a local parts store is really looking bad,chrome peeling of, etc, etc... especially on the drivers side! Which is a good thing because it is protecting the paint on the door sill. I like the way it looks also, especially with the doors closed and you can just see the chrome edge, kind of a finishing off touch of the interior and a protector.
So my problem is replacing it, I finally got the widest I could find, it is made from Cowles corp. The stuff I got is call truck door edge guard, it is about 7/16 wide, which is about what was on there, but the part that goes around the fiberglass is driving me nuts, the opening is just to small , the fiberglass is just too thick in spots. The trim that was on there fit good, I just don't know what it is or where to get it! I did notice some pics in the Unique picture gallery, especially one pic that shows a door sill that to me looks like a plate attached to it that looks real nice! If anyone has more info they could share with me, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks...Dave