The current engine appears to be an SVO crate motor w/aluminum heads. It was installed in 2002, so I'm not sure which crate motor it is. Paperwork from the original build shop says 400HP, dyno sheet the current owner has says under 300 to the wheels. It only has 6800 on it, and runs quite well. The issue is, it's not powerful enough! I build engines, so I can hardly run around with "okay" power. I have to work on it until it's either "fantastic" power, or "too much"! "Way too much" is later down the road...

Once I identify which version of the SVO heads they are, I'll be milling, porting, flowing and setting up the valvetrain for a bit more RPM. I'll be taking a look at the pistons and deciding if they have too much dish to keep in there, or if I can get enough of a compression bump with head work. The specs for the crate motor say 9:1 on some sites, 9.4 on others. Either way, it needs at least half a point and a better cam. It's way too mild for me as it's a smooth idle and doesn't have the sound or the nature I'm looking for.

For right now I want to wake it up considerably, then I'll drive it for a bit. Eventually I will build a much more aggressive motor but still keep it a small block.

Once I'm done putting it together this winter, I'll be putting it on the dyno here at work and tuning it.

Thanks for the interest!