Thread: my new project

my new project

I haven't posted here for a while, been busy working on another car project. Too many cars and never enough time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bravissimo!! As our Italian friends would say.

What a fine project. I have always had a particular affection for the Classic British Cars.
    What Year is your E-Type. 64, 65?

-Geary

I agree about the classic British cars, they did design some beautiful ones. That one is a 68, commonly referred to as the Series 1.5 as it was the last production using the Series I body bucket but had the modfied bonnet with the exposed headlights though still had the nice small signal lights front and back. This series has always been my favorite as I was never a big fan of the closed headlights but loved the tail end design of the Series I. The Series II was produced to meet the demands of the US regulators for bigger bumpers and bigger tail, brake and signal lights as well as emission controls that started to reduce the performance. Mine has the triple SU carbs and the performance head, a combination that wasn't officially allowed but some got by. They don't have the brute performance of a 427 powered Cobra but still are a real joy to drive. Both stir the soul.

And here is the Arrow.

Poor Man's E-Type

I did not know where Arrowdriver originated but it makes sense now.
    Very nice!!!

Attached is an image of my Poor Man's E-Type (You probably know this term). Triumph GT6 MKIII. We've been together for 38 years now with a quarter million miles on the clock. 7 Years of autocrossing with a half dozen local sports car clubs. She's the family sweetheart and is due for a rebuild as soon as I can get on it.

We love the Unique but it I have a lot of history with my GT6.

- Geary

Best car I've ever owned - I haven't made a car payment on it since 1975.

That's a rare car, at least it sure is in Canada. I'm not even sure that it was sold here. Used to see lots of Spitfires and TR6's but can't recall one of those. Nicely styled though, you can see it's Spitfire roots. I figure most of those on this forum must have more than one car, might be interesting to see some others.

About the Arrow. I've been a pilot for many years now, got my PPL in 73 but never had any interest in doing it for a job, just personal enjoyment and travel. It's the only way I can go 165 mph and radar is still my friend. It turns a 7.5 hour drive into a 2.2 hour flight.