Thread: 66 FIA wins SEMA challenge

66 FIA wins SEMA challenge

On Speed last night they had a 2 hour special on this years SEMA show. I didn't take notes so if anyone else saw it, please chime in. They selected about 20 of SEMA Show cars and put them to a Utlimate Challenge. Took to near by race track and did a 0 to 60 to 0, autocross, 3 lap average around 2.5 track and a styling event. This guy's original 66 Cobra (modified engine and chassie) took first place. Great show. I think the name was SEMA Ultimate Challenge.

I just did a search for this show, as it sounds great..... didn't show up. I'll search again in a few weeks, would really like to see it.

Thanks for sharing, Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

I think you caught a rerun of last years Utlimate Challenge. There was some talk about this on Club Cobra a while back, seems that the owner of the Cobra was invited back this year but not with the Cobra, was planning to run a Ford GT this time. Here more info than you need on it http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...mate+challenge
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

You sure about that. The date is shown as Oct. 19, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by spd4me View Post
    You sure about that. The date is shown as Oct. 19, 2010
    I think so, I checked the next showing (on the 29th) and it says that the show was originaly aired on 1-30-2010. good one to watch again though
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

That'

That was CSX3170, an original 427 street Cobra (not an FIA roadster), which won the 2009 Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Not bad for a 40+ year old car...

That's CSX3170

That was CSX3170, an original 427 street Cobra (not an FIA roadster), which won the 2009 Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Not bad for a 40+ year old car...