Thread: Winter projects

Winter projects

Tell us about your Winter cobra projects.
    I posted one today about my conversion to cable actuated clutch. Also added the Wilwood remote brake bias adjust, reverse indicating speed-o, remote operated battery disconnect, 12-volt accessories outlet (under dash), and push-button start switch. I running out of stuff to do, and certainly out of money. Went to a cruise-in last night. good turnout, but a little cool. OK, lets hear from the rest of the Cobra group. I need some new ideas. Gary

I had one listed a week ago but it has disappeared. I've been putting in a fiberglass bucket seat I bought from a guy at Homecoming year and a half ago. If you want to listen, hears what I did. Took old seat out. Set new seat in position, sat in it and put 2x4's under the front lip to raise to the angle I wanted, took a 1x12, laid underneath seat and marked holes through frame so I could line up seat adjusting slider. Hardest part was shaping a 2 pieces of 2x6 (angled brackets on under side of seat) to fit the angle I wanted and the bottom contour of the seat. Lots of hand filing. Then mocked up and drilled holes through fiberglass at 90 degree angle to seat, filed out holes with a tiny square file so the carriage bolt would snug in, bolted together, painted black and installed. I did have to saw off some of the fins on the front bottom left and right so I could get in and out without having to install a removable steering wheel. Now I will take to a trim shop and get them to refit the black seat cover that can with it. This kiled 2 winter weekends. Drove around yesterday and must say it's a more stable fit though don't have the freedom of arm movement as with original seat .
    Bob

Daytona Coupe

Here is a winter project I am working on, it belongs to Tony Lewis and should be ready in time for this years Homecoming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2020543.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	2552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2020544.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	2553  

Another project

This is a unique winter project, installing one of our bodies on an older Everett Morrison chassis. When it leaves our shop it will be pretty much complete including paint. We have installed our bodies on a few EM chassis in the past along with a CMC. The blue car going together is all Unique.

Name:	P2020540.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	2554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2020541.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	2555  

34 Ford

Another project is a 34 Ford that belongs to one of our Cobra customers in Tuscaloosa Al, we are installing this Southern Automotive fuel injected 351 W, air conditioning, power steering and brakes, a new front suspension and new wiring. We hope to have it completed in a couple months.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by weaver; February 2nd, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Going to have to open a new division called "Unique Hot Rods". Doesn't the EM use a tubular frame? I'm sure any business is better than no business.

They do use round tubing but it wasn't a big deal. The car belonged to a soldier killed in Iraq or Afgan and his best friend is finishing it as a tribute to him, EM has gone in and out of business enough that he didn't feel comfortable buying a body from them. It should turn out nice.

NICE WORK Alan! As always, you guys do an excellent job. Look forward to seeing more at homecoming.
    Have you confirmed the date for homecoming this year?
    Gary

May 13th and 14th, or Friday the 13th.

Alan,

What brand is the Daytona coupe? Is it an Upstate?

I love the Guardsman Blue/Wimbledon White paint job!

Garry

The body was made by R&D about 10 years ago, they are no longer in business.

Alan

Glad that Unique is surviving this economy. It can't be easy but times like this "separates the men from the boys".

Whats happening at Unique

The Everett Morrison chassis car is coming along good, it was a bigger job that we first thought but it should turn out nice. We just finished the install of a 429 SCJ, tight fit but will be a hoss. I am about finished with another turnkey, it seems we are building more complete cars than kits.

Name:	P3180554.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	2572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3180553.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	2573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3180555.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	2574