Thread: Unique gets a UNIQUE Visitor at LCS 2011

Unique gets a UNIQUE Visitor at LCS 2011

Wow, I was there. This will no doubt go in the Unique Motorcars history books as a very special moment. The experience was incredible. Bob Bondurant came by the Unique booth at the London Cobra Show 2011 to visit with the Unique folks and to see first hand, and in his own words, "AS CLOSE TO THE REAL THING AS THE ORIGINALS" the Daytona Coupe finished for Tony Lewis by Unique. Glad I was there, Tony still has not been able to wipe the smile off his face, nor will he ever I guess.

I will post photos from this weekend. Glad to have spent some time with my friends from Unique, enjoy the photos. Tony Lewis, Butch Capps, Scott Baeten, Maurice Weaver were there and others, and that made it a very special day.

Juan
    Last edited by juanone; February 7th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Tony, Butch and the Weavers deserve alot of credit for producing one of the nicest coupes I have ever seen. Tonys car stole the show with huge praise from Bob Bondurant and all who came by the booth to check it out.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Smile The Best one yet!!

I have been watching this car being built since 2002 when I first met Tony and Butch. I know the amount of time and the work that has gone into it. The time spent for research alone is off the chart. I had no doubt it was going to be nice but the finished project exceded my high expectations.
    Alan Weaver did a great job on the paint, Maurice did his part on the frame, headers and sidepipes. Then all the Unique crew on the final assembly.
    Butch worked his magic on the engine, tranny, and differental. Plus he and Tony engineered the whole concept from the start.
    Tony developed the play book and stuck to his guns on the detail, overseeing the project until the final assembly was completed. This is no doubt the nicest Daytona Coupe I have ever seen. Hats off to everyone involved.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Quote Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
    I have been watching this car being built since 2002 when I first met Tony and Butch. I know the amount of time and the work that has gone into it. The time spent for research alone is off the chart. I had no doubt it was going to be nice but the finished project exceded my high expectations.
    Alan Weaver did a great job on the paint, Maurice did his part on the frame, headers and sidepipes. Then all the Unique crew on the final assembly.
    Butch worked his magic on the engine, tranny, and differental. Plus he and Tony engineered the whole concept from the start.
    Tony developed the play book and stuck to his guns on the detail, overseeing the project until the final assembly was completed. This is no doubt the nicest Daytona Coupe I have ever seen. Hats off to everyone involved.
    I concur. This project represents the UNIQUE quality, passion and attention to detail!
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

This car is simply incredible!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear