Thread: My 289 FIA was delivered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My wife was just admitted to the hospital for a very serious kedney / bladder infection. I will not be on the forum until she is discharged. Thank you for your help.

Mike

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Sorry to hear about your wife, Mike. Hope all goes well for your family tonight. We'll say a little prayer for a recovery that is even faster than your new Cobra! Keep us posted...

A couple of thoughts on the lights... when you do get back to the car.

I don't think the 289 used the trailer adapter. Alan can verify that. Did you check the bulbs? Two going out at once is unlikely... but stranger things have happened.

Also, if the bulbs check good, use a multi-meter (if you do not yet have one, time to get one) and check to see if you get 12v at the light socket (when pedal is pressed). If not, then follow it back to the switch, etc. If 12v is present, then check for a good ground back there. That should get you going.

Good luck!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Many thanks for all the helpful advice for fixing my FIA, and the prayers for my wife's recuperation. I am happy to say she is out of the hospital and on the mend. i am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting to work this weekend providing she is up to looking after our monkeys (4 and 7 year old boys) for a little bit.

Thanks again for all the help.
    mike v

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    That's good to hear, Mike! Glad things are better.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Well an update. I traced things back and couldn't find a short. Fuses were fine. I decided to take it to a mechanic. It turns out, the brake fluid was soo low it wouldn't register the brake light. To be honest the brakes seemed sluggish, which was one of the reasons I took it in.

I want to learn how to fix my car myself but, brakes I will leave to someone who knows what there doing.

He also showed me where there was a leak in the master brake cylander.

Anyway the car is fantasticaly fun.

Be well,
    Mike V