Thread: Returning a Cobra to the fold..

Returning a Cobra to the fold..

As a new member, have found my contact with Jerry Rowley, Allan and Maurice -and the Weaver family-to be a warm experience.

Started sports cars years ago while in the Army -with a 64 Jaguar E-Type Roadster and soon after a 56 Porsche 356 Speedster open top.
    Have not long ago helped further modify-power an Austin Healey 3000 half-kit into a 351 Windsor or vice versa--which was sold .

That car and seeing a variety of various quality in replica AC Cobras started me on this great adventure. Decided that I needed to somehow find-fund-free-release a Unique car. This past 10 days have seen it
    happen and early factory No. 9127-a really nice early 427SC- is coming back to Alabama from the upper Midwest. {Med blue-Wimbledon stripes)

Look forward to a shakedown cruise or three--after I get it checked over in Gadsden-with a few slight suspension modifications-and a runout.

Really excited about this car-and look forward to meeting and helping
    more of you folks! (Now a careful trailer haul back with weather and trip prayers)

Thanks-

Ridge Marriott
    LTC-USA-R

5th Special Forces Gp(71-72 RVN) MACVSOG
    10th SFG (ABN)
    7th SFG (ABN)

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Welcome to the fold! Sounds like a nice car. The Weavers will get you fixed up. Enjoy the trip and be safe. Godspeed!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Ridge,

Nice to run across another SF vet here. I did a tour with the 5th SFGA at Ft. Bragg and then later a tour with HQ SOCEUR (maybe you knew it as SOTFE) at Patch Barracks.

Anyway, I have a car only a couple numbers from yours, a 289 FIA with SN 9125. Have had it less than a year and now have it just about the way I want it. The Weavers have been great in sourcing odds and ends for the car. Just replaced the ammeter with an oil temp gauge, and have one last thing to do: install a red idiot light so I can tell when the alternator is charging or not.

Enjoy the ride, and let us know your progress.

De Oppresso Liber!

Mark

Mark:

Thanks. May have a few more questions when I get this little
    car sorted out. A charge light indicator is a good idea.
    Its definitely a good idea on ancient German motorcycles -with opposed horizontal cylinders-a few of which I have hidden out.

Looking forward to wrenching a bit on this little creature. Plan some suspension work with a close check on engine and transmission.
    It has 15 K miles which is about right.

PS-Miss night jumps-FE-

Ridge