Thread: Kit Car Builder magazine.... "my build" article

Kit Car Builder magazine.... "my build" article

I’ve had several friends suggest I add this article to my Cobra build site. I was so honored and fortunate to have this happen to me.

I came home from a European vacation mid-June 2011 and in the pile of mail was my August 2011 issue of Kit Car Builder magazine. On the cover, I see “563-HP Cobra Roadster”. I thought "that's what my Cobra 427 engine makes that Brent built for me"? Sure enough, my Cobra 427 S/C build was a four page feature article in the magazine with a center fold two page photo! This was a TOTAL surprise to me. Jim Youngs, Kit Car Builder editor, and I have communicated between Aug 2010 and this past Jan 2011. He asked for info and said he'd try to get it in the magazine.... but I haven't heard from him since Jan and he didn't let me know it was a "done deal". What a welcome home!

Mark

PS: now, go buy a copy! ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	258.9 KB 
ID:	2689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	2690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leftcenter.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	2691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right center.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	2692  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pg3.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	2693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pg4.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	2694  
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Mark
    It looks like a real nice article on your baby. Your car has a striking presence so I figured it would really look terrific in print. The question now is: How many copies of the magazine have you bought so far in addition to your subscription? You'll need a few for friends, family, neighbors, Unique Forum guys, etc,etc.

We're all happy for you

-Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; August 24th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Definitely sweet success! Way to go... nice job on the photos.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    Mark
    It looks like a real nice article on your baby. Your car has a striking presence so I figured it would really look terrific in print. The question now is: How many copies of the magazine have you bought so far in addition to your subscription? You'll need a few for friends, family, neighbors, Unique Forum guys, etc,etc.

We're all happy for you

-Geary
    Geary.... I didn't "buy" any extra copies.... but I did call Jim Youngs, editor, and he sent me 12 copies "on the house".

Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.