While on an Army SOA reunion late in September, managed to vist the Shelby Museum and factory.

On display were many pictures of the original racing 289 Shelby Cobras
and trophies won by the Cobra Racing team.
Also in the museum were an original Shelby 289 FIA /FIE Cobra and a race version 427 SC.
The " Silver Cobra" had originally been blue with racing round "meatbal" numerals. Shelby apparently ordered it stripped of its original paint-and a detailed polishing of the exterior aluminum. The hand -polishing supposedly took over 1000 man-hours and is somewhat attractive. The body reflects all of its dents and imperfections from 1960s racing and alterations.
While GT-40s and GT-350-500s were on display-my interest was targetted to the original racing Shelby Cobras.-and engines. The historic specifics of 1960s LeMans and other racing details is fascinating. Especially Enzo Ferraris influencing the racing board in Europe to cancel one race that he appeared to be losing.
Think that was in 1963 and Team Shelby came back the next year to trounce Ferrari. One reason for the Cobra's popularity in Europe.

Other than lots of commercial clothing and related commerce-the museum is interesting. There is a tour-and even questions from the officious tour guide as to whether anyone owned any Ford-powered versions. My response left the guide mystified-stating only that my 427 SC Cobra wore an Alabama vintage plate.

I wondered off on my own with Beth and we just stared at the two
early race -version Cobras and their engines.....after all.......
thats what we came to see.