Thread: thin skin

thin skin

Why is is that certain people are are allowed to make rude disparaging comments about a large population of this country and basically get praised for it, but then when there is a response it is treated like an act of treason. The right does not have a monopoly on God, patriotism, or being a good person. I am not a Democrat but I do not like to see people being maligned with such mean spiritedness as from the initial poster. I was hoping that the replies would stop after the last couple of reasonable posts (not the last two). Closng the thread with a cheap shot is also not cool!

Scott - I don't believe the author meant the comments to be mean-spirited. You know how you and your buddies will go out for a few and spend half the night hammering each other with one-liners and smart-ass quips. We're guys - it's what we do.
    My brother in-law is Polish. Every Pollack joke he ever heard was related to me with the term "Pollack" removed and my family name in its place. He would bust on me telling me the latest "Sarno" joke- all in fun.

Best Regards - Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; December 29th, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

thanks. i certainly hope so. It is my nature to speak out for others (rats and commies especially) even if the comments are not specifially aimed at me. it just frustrates me when people make comments that seem aimed to upset people with differing views. Maybe for the new year we can focus on our cars and leave the BS behind.

You're absolutely right! - So here's to internal combustion and wind in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UPQD...layer_embedded
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aggressor; December 29th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    Question: The earth is rotating 1070 MPH at the equator, while we circle the sun at 67,000 MPH, rotating on a curved arm of our galaxy at 490,000 MPH around it's center. Why is it not necessary to lie flat on the ground and cling deperately to the earth?

Best Regards - Geary

Gravity! It does a body good.

Other thread closed while I was out...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear