Thread: Update on the BOSS 529 project

Update on the BOSS 529 project

Some of you asked that I keep you current on the BOSS 529 project...
    here's the latest. More posts in a few weeks.
    Mark
    http://www.fordmuscle.com/category/f...tang-boss-429/
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Apr 27 update

I've made many more build updates.... 3 pages worth so far. More next week
    Project Mustang Boss 429 | FordMuscle.com

thx Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Any concerns about soda getting into a crevice and reappearing later as something else?

No, not at all. This product is used a lot in the industry. I used products to clean and neutralize, such as “After Blast” from Eastwood. Also, Pure sodium bicarbonate blast media buffers the acids, prevents the release of free metal ions and prevents rust. Soda blast media is 100% pure sodium bicarbonate, additive free and water soluble. It can be used to clean auto components including those with small passageways. Once cleaned, the baking soda residue can be thoroughly rinsed off by dissolving in water. I just soda blast a 68 Corvette and it’s now with Alan at Unique Motorcars for body and paint. A key benefit of soda blast is it’s environmentally safe, won’t heat/warp sheet metal, and won’t hurt glass, chrome, weather strips or fiberglass. The coating of soda on the bare metal helps prevent rust flash over until ready to clean and prime the metal.

Hope this helps…. Mark

Apr 30th update

http://www.fordmuscle.com/2012/04/pr...y-work-1-of-2/

About 2 weeks to go... then should have the car back. Hope to have the BOSS 529 at Unique's May 2013 Homecoming.... (Maurice invited me, yes it not a Cobra... but it's still Ford )

Mark

It's looking great Mark. Keep the updates coming.

Just a thought regarding your brake MC. Have you considered the RRS under dash unit? It would clean up the under hood area nicely.

http://www.rrs-online.com/boosters.php
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Patrick.... thanks.... but from what I can tell, they do not offer for a LeftHandDrive (US) 1970 Mustang. For LHD, they only go to 68 . But no worrys.... I have the hydratech unit and I don't have to worry abour vaccum.

Regards, Mark

Paint complete... May 16 update

here's the latest on the BOSS 529 project. it looks great in person.
    http://www.fordmuscle.com/2012/05/pr...aint-complete/

I also have a 68 Corvette project going. Alan has it and doing all the body and paint.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cobra Sold

Mark,

Guess I missed it if it's true but I understand you sold the Cobra is that correct?
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Quote Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
    Mark,

Guess I missed it if it's true but I understand you sold the Cobra is that correct?

It's true. Sold the Cobra. My passion, I as found out, is the planning and build and not so much the ownership. So, I'm doing the BOSS 529 restomod and I'm also doing a frame off restomod to a 68 Corvette convertible/427/4spd. Alan and Marice have the vette body now.

Thanks Mark

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
    Mark,

It's true. Sold the Cobra.
    Thanks Mark
    What!!!

Well... just keep building Unique Cobras, then you'll always have one.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Light at the end of the tunnel