Thread: Brake Light Switch

Brake Light Switch

Does anyone have the part number of the hydraulic break light switch? I think mine's bad. Got stopped last week for the first time in the ten years I've owned her. Two cruisers pulled me over only to tell me my brake lights didn't work. Kept walking around my car telling me how tragic it would be if I got rear-ended. That they were "here for me". Smiles, thumbs up and away I went.

Thanks
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

SLS 27 by Standard

Thanks Alan. Got one on the way. The front brake fluid reservoir was empty, so it may be that there's air in the line. I pulled the switch off the Tee and there was plenty of fluid there. The pedal is now rock hard. For six bucks, I'll swap switches and hope for the best.

Thumbs up wow...

How timely was this? Mine has croaked too, on the last run of 2011 a guy behind me said I had no brake lites. Just got the car out of hibernation last Saturday, took a toot around town and THEN remembered.... no brake lights. Ugh.

Thanks Tony, and Alan, for the reminder!! SLS 27 it will be.
    Yeehah

I had to replace mine once before - years ago. That's probably one of the few $6 fixes you can do on a Cobra. It was a bummer getting pulled over for the first time (in the Cobra) in ten years. There were two police vehicles and three cops standing around me. They just kept walking around the car talking about how awesome it looked. Never asked me for a driver's license or registration.