Thread: Unique 9127-Factory 427 SC -FOR SALE

Unique 9127-Factory 427 SC -FOR SALE

My Unique 427 SC is currently for sale: Location: Alabama

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Royal Medium blue/Wimbledon white stripes
    Balanced/blueprinted 351ci Windsor performance engine professionally built and tuned by Jasper Performance. Rated at 405 HP. Roller rocker arms. New Holley 700 Double -pumper carb. Lakewood scattershield housing-
    Protecting a Ford TopLoader 4-speed transmission. Locker rear-end with stability plate installed. Front anti-sway bar. Inboard rear disc brakes-disc brakes all -round. Independent suspension. Carrera Coil-over springs/shocks-rear.
    New front coated springs. Front Oil cooler. Stainless steel braided oil and fuel lines. Holley high performance electronic fuel pump. Stand-alone oil filter.

SIDEPIPES and HEADERS; Finish Double-heat treated and satin black hard chrome coated.

New front springs from Unique Motorcars; Prothane transmission mount.
    Jaguar-style emergency/park brake.
    Compomotive/Hallibrand-style wheels shod with Dunlop Qualifier-H-Radial
    performance tires.
    INTERIOR-Black leather seats-Motolita wheel- chrome fire extinguisher-
    Stewart-Warner instruments-
    Soft top and side curtains. Five-point racing harnesses.

Accessories: Complete boxed set (6) of Carrera new springs. Registered as a 1966 AC Cobra
    with vintage tag and registration; allowing easier export/import to Canada and Europe.
    Never raced. Lower mileage. $35995.00

Contact BambooViper for questions AKA-

LTC Ridge Marriott
    205-330-0179
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 1.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	2787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uniq1.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	2788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uniq4.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	2789  
    Last edited by BambooViper; May 5th, 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add location

What it is "registered as" matters not at all to the officials one deals with at the border. They are well aware of some replica cars being registered with the year of the original but demand that one prove when the subject car was actually made. If you can't do that, and it isn't old enough to pass as an "antique" to avoid having to comply with the current requirements, you aren't bringing it into the country. When I brought my car in, my proof of title going back far enough was what they were looking for and didn't care at all what the title or registration might call it. They told me that I might be surprised at how many cars they turn back.

it all depends on which country`s border that youre trying to cross. yes canada and australia are difficult countries to get a unique (notice how i didnt say replica) imported into. the requirements for a unique vary. i know this for a fact because my 2001 unique has been in europe since spring 2011. i wont go into details here for everyone to see , but other than it took some time to actually get the car over there, it was a very easy deal. it was brokered thru someone (usa) that i aproached after i had a buyer, who sends many cars that direction all the time. for me it couldnt have gotten any easier. later, brian
    Last edited by brfutbrian; May 31st, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by brfutbrian View Post
    my 2001 unique has been in europe since spring 2011. Later, brian
    That's a BUMMER!!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Why is it a bummer ?

I'm Oliver the French buyer of Gasman's cobra and one of my friend is the buyer of Brian's cobra.

I know many others friends that bought Cobras last 2x years (not only UM) meaning that business in Europe is open and buyers here know that the best Cobra replicas are in the US.

The crisis is everywhere we can easily see it when checking Cobras for sale on US web sites. We have currently the chance that Euro is strong vs US Dollar.

But how long these situation will stay ? nobody knows it...

OliveR

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OROBBE View Post
    Why is it a bummer ?

OliveR

Because Brian will need really long toes to reach the gas pedal and clutch from Connecticut... I guess it got lost in the translation.

OK, because he can't and then in the Cobra anymore...

Of course, it's great for the buyer! Congrats to your friend...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Ok Slither I understand

The problem for my friend now is that his cobra is in my garage. The engine is totally destroyed !!! (Big crack in cylinder #4 / All main bearings are orange... there as a big problem with oil lubrication on that engine).

Impossible to repair cyl #4 with a sleeve the crack is too important the machine shop doesn't want to take the risk.

We've ordered a new short block with cranck, camshaft, rods, pistons, rings and it should run in few times...

OliveR

What engine is it?

390FE with stock heads (hydraulic lifters).

OliveR

Do you know what the cylinders had been bored to? I'm wondering why the cylinder cracked and if it was related to the block being bored too much.

Who built the engine?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Hi Naumoff,

Brian (BrfutBrian) installed it in the cobra before selling it to my friend but I don't know who built it ?????

But it had been badly built:

- Block / Main bearings holes have never been adjusted

- Cam bearings haven't been well installed - oil passages are partially closed

- There are 2x rods N° 3, 2x rods N°6....

- etc... etc...

You understand now why the engine is totally destroyed !!!

OliveR

Yes, The way you describe it it sounds like southern automotive built it.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Aren't they the ones that are linked to Unique's site, seemingly "recommended"??

My engine was built by HESCO in Birmingham. What have you heard about them? I felt pretty comfortable getting it as the owner used to build engines for Bobby Allison and was his crew chief if I recall right.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Yes, The way you describe it it sounds like southern automotive built it.
    sorry guys, bill parnham had nothing to do with this one.
    actually the shortblock is a oem piece with 20 k on it i bought from a good friend. the only thing i did to the shortblock was change out the cam/lifters, rear main seal and finish the top end with 1976 heads with hardened seats for unleaded gas. i orginally put it together for emmission testing because the other 2 motors i ran would not run on pump gas and would never pass. as it turned out it was never used for that due to a change in the emission laws for replica cars in conecticut making it exempt. it was run in the car twice and had 1000 + miles and always ran well. one thing that hasnt been said, is that shortly after the car got to france i recieved a phone call from the broker who translated for jorge (new owner)who was on a three way call telling me the car overheated severly because the fans never switched on automatically. he had no idea that a toggle switch controlled the fans. i think with a cracked block and orange bearings that the start of the damage may have been done there. was coolant in the oil from the cracked block ?

arrow driver, block was standard bore

oliver, i have 1966 390 block with main caps thats needs .030 to clean the bore and a standard / standard 390 crank in my garage that jorge more than welcome to if it will help him and he pays for shipping.

jorge has made some serious changes to the car and i think i looks great

later, brian.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That all makes sense now. I have considered adding a thermostatic switch to the cooling system to turn on the fan as even a single case of overheating can destroy an engine. I've seen the babbit dripping from the cam bearings of a 289 in a 65 Mustang but the guy was lucky and the block didn't crack.

BTW, all I've read about Southern has been good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowdriver View Post
    That all makes sense now. I have considered adding a thermostatic switch to the cooling system to turn on the fan as even a single case of overheating can destroy an engine. I've seen the babbit dripping from the cam bearings of a 289 in a 65 Mustang but the guy was lucky and the block didn't crack.

BTW, all I've read about Southern has been good so far.
    That was the first thing I did was add a t-stat switch to the puller fan I installed. I thought why would you not have a T-stat switch to turn the fans on after reading how many people forgot to turn them on.
    Tony

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by OROBBE View Post
    Ok Slither I understand

The problem for my friend now is that his cobra is in my garage. The engine is totally destroyed !!! (Big crack in cylinder #4 / All main bearings are orange... there as a big problem with oil lubrication on that engine).

Impossible to repair cyl #4 with a sleeve the crack is too important the machine shop doesn't want to take the risk.

We've ordered a new short block with cranck, camshaft, rods, pistons, rings and it should run in few times...

OliveR
    Yikes!! Now that definitely is a bummer. Sorry to hear it overheated.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear