Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming 2012 Itinerary

Exclamation Homecoming 2012 Itinerary

OK gang, here’s the general itinerary for Homecoming this week.

*Thursday*
    6:00 PM – Supper at Top o’ the River

*Friday*
    8:00 AM – Show & Shine at UMC shop (remember to bring your own snacks, drinks, etc.)
    6:00 PM – Supper at The Fish Market (located on US-411 on the river, next to the city park just south of the Broad St. bridge)

*Saturday*
    8:00 AM – Depart Nocallula Falls parking lot for cruise to Cave Springs, GA.
    ~11:00 AM – Lunch at The Gridiron in Centre, AL.
    6:00 PM – Supper at a Mexican restaurant (exact one TBD).

On Friday morning at the shop, we will have name tags for you to fill out and a goody bag for each car. Included in each bag will be a set of turn-by-turn directions and a general Google map of the cruise route. We want to make sure every car has a copy so that we don’t have any problems with someone getting separated and lost (like has happened a time or two in Pigeon Forge!). Also, this will let you put the info into your GPS, or meet us at the restaurant if you don’t want to do the full cruise.

After lunch Friday, we may have a short impromptu ride somewhere to get ice cream or coffee or something. I know several folks have mentioned doing this in years past.

Of course, there will be nightly socializing in the Hampton parking lot after supper.

SPECIAL NOTE: On Friday and Saturday, take care to drink plenty of water & stay hydrated. It has already turned very hot here!!! The last several years, we've had showers & clouds during Homecoming, and some folks may not remember just how hot/dry it can be.

That's about it. Have a safe trip in, and we'll see you later this week!!!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Zack,

Great job organizing everything! I look forward to seeing all attendees.
    Last edited by dmswann; May 7th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Dennis M. Swann

There here!!! Customers are starting to arrive already, we are handing them a broom and putting them to work!

Don't worry about snacks and drinks, we will have snacks in the morning and hot dogs for lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    There here!!! Customers are starting to arrive already, we are handing them a broom and putting them to work!
    Did Dennis even go home after last Friday? Maurice said he was threatening to just stay there...

Finishing up packages for everyone tomorrow. We've got copies of the general schedule, turn-by-turn directions for the Saturday cruise with basic map, windshield cards so everyone can figure out who goes with each car, stuff from Hagerty, Parish-Heacock, Southwire, and possibly our local NAPA.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

I would have loved to stay and help cleanup and get ready for this weekend, but I gotta work so I can enjoy (pay for) this weekend. I must admit that 1st Friday in Gadsden is a lot of fun. I hope to attend many more!
    Dennis M. Swann

Just checked the weather for Homecoming weekend.... looks very good and little to no chance of rain. Wish I could be there.... but planning for next year.

Hope you all have a great time....!!!

Mark
    427 S/C, Flame Yellow, B2 Motorsports 427ci Stroker Dart SBF, TKO600, 3.73 Posi, Avon tires and so much more.

Have fun the weather looks awesome!!

Ralph, do you want me to log a few miles on your car this weekend?

Send me pictures and details

Alan, Maurice,

Have a great weekend. Please send me pictures and details of the Homecoming and I'll create an article for the web highlighting what happened.

Enjoy your weekend,

Juan

Will do Juan, Thanks!!!

Alan do it I'll call next week have fun

HC update

Between 45 and 50 folks at Top of the River last night, 28 Cobras at the shop so far this morning. Weather is awesome!!!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Thumbs up Update...

Had 20 Cobras on the cruise this morning, going over the river (three different rivers, actually!) and through the woods to Cave Spring, GA. Then back across the state line to The Gridiron in Centre, AL, for lunch.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Wow!!

Just rolled in from Gadsden...

What a great time! Many thanks to Zach and crew for putting this all together.

James and I had an awesome cruise thanks to Pat Quatro and John Heindel. Exploring that cave was a blast and a highlight of the trip.

Glad to have seen all of you who made to the meet...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

And the LCS Raffle Car?

Was the LCS Raffle car back for the Homecoming?

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Yes Juan, and it was awesome! Alan and the crew did a great job. Very nice work.

I am going to have my oil cooler vent closed like this one...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Smile

The Gathering in Gadsden last weekend was terriffic!!!!! Great group, great weather (up until Saturday night), fantastic fellowship, hundreds of laughs, uncountable smiles, fun-fun cruise with a turn-by-turn map provided by Zack Butterworth, good restaurants, good food and best of all GOOD FRIENDS.

Having people take some of the work load off the Weavers worked really good and gave them an opportunity to hopefully enjoy it a little more and worry and work less. However, they still did plenty of work helping with one breakdown and 1000s of questions. Please keep UNIQUE and the Weavers in your prayers for the economy to turn around. The Weaver Women made some fantastic home made cakes.....I got a piece of all three flavors.

I nominate Zack as the Chairman of the Gathering in Gadsden annual event committee....he and a couple of other Buterworths have it down to a science.

I can't wait to see the pictures posted.
    Dennis M. Swann

Where are the pictures guys

Yes, where are the pictures?

Where's the beef?

Pat Quattro took hundreds of pictures and will be sending them soon. We posted some on the Unique Motorcars Facebook page.