Thread: Spiral Flow Side Pipes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spiral Flow Side Pipes

Recently received my new spiral flow side pipes from Unique. I did some preliminary measuring since I won’t be ready to install these until the fall. These measurements are the new side-pipes compared to the originals pipes presently on the car. I measured from the primary (most rearward edge) to the forward edge of the first bracket, and then to the most forward edge of the rear bracket. I did this on both sides..
    On the Driver’s side I am off 5/8” for the front and 7/16’ on the rear. Also 3/8” more distance between the new brackets than the old brackets.
    On the Pass side, I am off 5/8” for the front and 3/4” on the rear. Also 1/4" less distance between the new brackets than the old brackets.

The connector piece between the primary tubes and the beginning of the baffle are also 1 3/8” longer on the new pipes

Measurement of the baffle itself (weld to weld), it is also 7/8” shorter than my original that is on the car.
    I was surprised because I thought everything would be the same considering they were built for my year car when I ordered them. I expected maybe some very small differences where I might have to slightly elongate the hole in the bracket, but these are some sizable differences and I am a little concerned. I am mainly concerned with the bracket locations, I don’t think the other stuff matters much. If anybody has run into this with no problem I would appreciate the “chime in” since I am not planning on installing these for awhile and don’t want to call Unique if I really don’t have a problem.
    Thanks…Dave
    Last edited by davids2toys; June 23rd, 2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added text
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.