Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spiral Flow Side Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by brfutbrian View Post
    david, i dont feel insulted that you implied im a hack, which by the way is an insult, but thats only because you havent got a clue. if you didnt go on a thousand word tirade ending with an insult to anyone that doesnt agree with what you said i wouldnt have said a word. like i stated in my last post, if you cant do the minor tweaks to make it fit take it to someone who can, and go back to enjoying your car or selling it, whichever bring you to nirvana. now that rick has posted basically the same thing i said you can imply hes a hack too.have fun with that. brian
    Brian,
    Take it any way you want it, I was not insulting you or saying you were a hack at all. So you are saying Rick has the same opinion, so you both have the same standards and pride in ownership? I don't think so. I dont know Rick or his car, but from what I understand, he has a very above average exceptional car, so highly doubt he is a hack at all.
    I am not the one who starts a non insulting post with "get a grip". Also, how do you know it wont "break the bank". I take it that because it wont break your bank, that your financially situation applies to everyone. Maybe I dont have the extra money to do this. Maybe if I knew I would have to do this I would not have bother buying the part.
    I dont see where I ended any post with an insult, even my thousand word tirade.
    Dont you worry Brian, everything will all work out in the end and I will be smiling.

Dave
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    Brian, I have met you, talked with you, and have seen your car, you are a smart guy but you have no problem living with "lots jerry rigging" to make things work, so do I to a point, but there is a limit. Your limit is much lgreater than mine.

Dave
    dave, youre right, you didnt say im a hack, you just implied it. the only difference between the two is balls. wow you have the gift of knowing the inner working of my mind after meeting me for the first time for a 5 minute span at the end of a local cruise night in near total darkness. you missed your calling, you should be working for the CIA. too bad you dont know squat. why dont you share with everyone all the jerry rigged stuff you saw on my car. anyone who knows me at all knows i dont jerry rig anything. i can guarentee theres many people that had their laugh for the day reading the passive agressive posting here by you in the past few days. heres the bottom line, your problem has a very easy and simple fix. youve been told that by 2 very knowledgeable ,skilled, and qualified people, after you finally posted some pictures. i even dropped you a hint of one way to do it. if you had gotten a grip and apologized for your thousand word rant, at the very least apologized to the folks on this forum,who through your passive-aggressive style you insulted (and im sure im not the only one who feels that way) id have offered to fix your pipes. it would have been a done deal in twenty minutes. instead you insult me. youre a moron. while im still typing lets go back the subject of jerry rigging, why dont you share your problem with your rear shock changeover. i found it very interesting. you do know that this forum isnt the only place where talking takes place. you just keep smiling. ive got to get back to drinking some weaver brand koolaid. i think its starting to wear off. it would just kill me not to have my name on the good list. brian.
    Last edited by brfutbrian; October 4th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    Brian,
    Take it any way you want it, I was not insulting you or saying you were a hack at all. So you are saying Rick has the same opinion, so you both have the same standards and pride in ownership? I don't think so. I dont know Rick or his car, but from what I understand, he has a very above average exceptional car, so highly doubt he is a hack at all.
    that should be in a textbook as an example of a passive aggressive statement. ill be here all week, make sure you tip your waitress.
    Last edited by brfutbrian; October 4th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

dave, youre right, you didnt say im a hack, you just implied it. the only difference between the two is balls. wow you have the gift of knowing the inner working of my mind after meeting me for the first time for a 5 minute span at the end of a local cruise night in near total darkness. you missed your calling, you should be working for the CIA. too bad you dont know squat. why dont you share with everyone all the jerry rigged stuff you saw on my car. anyone who knows me at all knows i dont jerry rig anything. i can guarentee theres many people that had their laugh for the day reading the passive agressive posting here by you in the past few days. heres the bottom line, your problem has a very easy and simple fix. youve been told that by 2 very knowledgeable ,skilled, and qualified people, after you finally posted some pictures. i even dropped you a hint of one way to do it. if you had gotten a grip and apologized for your thousand word rant, at the very least apologized to the folks on this forum,who through your passive-aggressive style you insulted (and im sure im not the only one who feels that way) id have offered to fix your pipes. it would have been a done deal in twenty minutes. instead you insult me. youre a moron. while im still typing lets go back the subject of jerry rigging, why dont you share your problem with your rear shock changeover. i found it very interesting. you do know that this forum isnt the only place where talking takes place. you just keep smiling. ive got to get back to drinking some weaver brand koolaid. i think its starting to wear off. it would just kill me not to have my name on the good list. brian.
    Wow Brian, I must have really hit a nerve, even got some good name calling in this one. Why don't you grow up!
    Just because someone says good and bad in the same paragraph or sentence does not make them passive aggressive. Looking at your quote, I can see how you might have thought I was calling you a hack, but I really did not mean too, so I will apologize for that misunderstanding, it was more of the things we were talking about and not so much your car itself. Your car looked like a typical driver, it was not even clean inside or outside, and we were at a car show. If you recall, you were telling me about a bunch of your different issues and how you had fixed them, and also other things you had done on your car. Before you ask me exactly what issues, I do not remember, it was years ago. All I was saying is that we all treat our cars differently and please do not force your standards on me. Yes, I absolutely think I have higher standards than you, and there are plenty of people out there who have higher standards than me, big deal, who cares, just get over it!
    OK, no passive aggressive tendency here either. I can see you are also a big exaggerator to say the least. When we met at the car show, we spent a lot longer than 5 minutes and you know it. The 5 minutes you are thinking of was when you were leaving and your headlights would not work! Do you remember that? Also, first you say an hour fix on my car, now you say 20 minutes. It is neither, and it is something I absolutely do not believe I should have to do at all even though I will end up having to do it. The only reason I wrote my thousand word tirade was because Alan said I was told and aware I would have alterations like this and that was absolutely positively not true at all. I have already stated what I was told by Unique when I was purchasing these. I am sorry, that really pissed me off, and still pisses me off. If you can't understand this, oh well, at this point, I don't really care if you understand or not.
    OK, so now you are also Unique’s lawyer. You say" while I'm still typing lets go back the subject of jerry rigging, why don't you share your problem with your rear shock changeover. I found it very interesting. you do know that this forum isn't the only place where talking takes place
    So, what you are you saying is Unique talks to customers about other customers behind their back? Not a very professional way to run a business! So, all you have is a one sided story and you are running with this? I think you may want to go talk to Maurice before you go shooting your mouth off. If they have no problem opening that up that mess for the public, ok with me. Yeah, that will be another beauty, I promise. Then I will post the 1000 word tirade letter that I had written to Maurice privately if that is what he wants. You will see some interesting thoughts about jerry rigging for sure, but not by me dude! My rear shock changeover was pretty much the same as this problem I am having with these side pipes, only a different part of the car. Just remember, you are the one bringing this up, not me! So don’t turn around after it blows up, and then ask me for an apology like you are doing today with this issue. I totally took the high road with that issue and handled it privately and the thanks I get is Unique creating their own one sided version and stabbing a customer in the back. I'll tell you what Brian, since you are the one bringing it up and daring me, why don't you tell the story you heard, and then I will give my side. I like that idea even better.
    Speaking of apologies, I still am pretty confused about all the people I have insulted and hurt etc, etc...
    Not for anything, if you look back to your first post, you are the one who got aggressive with me. Then you get hurt feelings and mad when I give it back a little. I guess you can dish it out much better than you can take it. Maybe you better layoff that Kool-Aid a little.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davids2toys
    "Brian,
    "

"that should be in a textbook as an example of a passive aggressive statement. ill be here all week, make sure you tip your waitress."

Are you talking about my first sentance or the second? Or maybe the whole thing? Do yoiu even know? you seem to know a lot about passive aggressive, I wonder why.
    OK Brian, as you say, I am a moron...what does this mean,"ill be here all week, make sure you tip your waitress."? If you have something to say, just say it and skip the code!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
    Guy's you are not ordering parts for your Factory Mustang or whatever.

These cars are just like the originals, no two are exactly the same.

I put these same Spiral Sidpipes on my car after it was finished, another words replaced the existing stock sidepipes. Did they fit perfectly, no. So I did what any good car builder or fabricator would do and made the changes to make my pipes fit my car. That's what you do. That's what all of us car builders have done.

From your pictures it looks like an easy fix, I suggest you go that direction.
    Rick,
    I did not expect these pipes to fit "perfectly". I expected them to fit exactly as Unique and I had discussed when I was ordering them for my 1994 car.."I may have to elongate the holes a little in the bracket" were the exact words.
    Are you telling me you had to remove the bracket or weld pieces on so you could pick up the holes in the frame. This may be an easy job for you and other talented folks, but it is not for me and many others I'm sure. If Unique knows these pipes are this far out of whack, they should either tell you up front, or sell it as a kit where you locate the brackets and weld it yourself, or hire someone to do this for you. All replica car owners are not master craftsmen in all areas, believe me, I wish I was. I have all the respect and admiration in the world for some of the talent I have seen on this forum and others.
    I hear what you are saying about factory parts vs. this situation. Then why have a jig? If you are using a jig, it should be a lot closer than this. If this is not true, than I really am expecting to much indeed.

Your suggestion is exacly what I will have to do.

Thank You...Dave
    Dave

dave, theres no need to apologize. at this point it wouldnt matter anyway. i doubt its sincerity. youre right, opinions vary. you can post whatever you like. i too dont really remember everything we said at marks cruise nite. although i do remember you saying you would have bought my car if i had it for sale when you bought your car. but now its an average driver and not up to your high standards. i do know i didnt say i had issues, but i did say i tweaked a few things to make them to my liking. so dont put words in my mouth. im sure youll deny it or say you were humoring me anyway. maybe if you didnt send maurice a thousand word rant this wouldnt have got to where it is now. you have a way of turning people off. go back and read the last few posts you wrote to figure out how your posts to me are passive/agressive. hell it only took you the better part of a week to figure out that maybe you insulted me. im sorry your pipes arent perfect, but im twice as sorry the weavers have you as a customer. ive said all im going to say. im done posting on this thread. good luck ,keep on smiling . brian
    Last edited by brfutbrian; October 9th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.

[QUOTE=brfutbrian; ive said all im going to say. im done posting on this thread[/QUOTE]

dave, ive changed my mind on that statement. why dont you enlighten us on your shock changeover. youre the one that tossed it out during your rant post, though you werent too specific as to what that fiasco actually was. youre the one that started it so please do tell. im curious how something as simple as a shock changeover can turn in a fiasco.
    after youre done with that explain to everyone why you attacked me because i took exception to you saying anyone who disagrees (flamed) with you on this forum is a "weaver lover" and "needs to stay on the good side of the weavers". cause thats only thing i took exception to in your rant. it was easy to see that cause the title of my post were quotes from you. if "get a grip" triggered the insults ive endured, i think we can see the type of person the weavers have been dealing with. then you come back with my standards are higher than yours bull**** and justify it by saying its because my car has some dust on it and the carpets arent clean enough for you at a cruise nite not a car show. wow!!! but you do have the right to your opinion and just to clarify i said anyone with skill could fix your pipes in an hour. i can do it in 20 mins. im sure if it took me 30 you`d be on here saying what a unskilled fabricator i am. if youre going to use my own words against me you should at least get it right. brian

this post started as a simple question about side pipe fitment, now it is a passive agressive attack from both sides.
    David has a right to expect a better product than he got. Unique places the blame on their suppliers, how can that be dave's problem? It looks like whoever welded the tabs messed up. I have no welding skills to speak of and could not reweld those tabs. Z bending is out of the question, how could you do that with the tabs on the pipes, welding torch and a hammer? Glenview posted about his shocks/springs needing to be reworked by unique (not exact quote) but unique fixed the problem, why can't Dave expect the same? I say hold uniques feet to the fire. This is not a minor discrepancy and the lack of fit has nothing to do with any safety changes over the years etc, etc. it is clearly poor workmanship on the part of the supplier. So please stop sniping at each other and get back to enjoying this site which is supposed to be a community

scott h - get your facts straight. I only posted a way I thought David could solve his problem and nothing else. I have no clue where you can see where shocks were mentioned. I think the forum moderator should close this thread as it has degraded to the point where nothing new or informational has been said for two pages. If the principles want to carry on, do so with PMs.

Bill

scott, ive never once said anything about daves beef with his sidepipe other than to offer a hint to my solution. i take exception to his statement regarding "weaver lovers" and " needing to stay on the good side of the weavers". nothing more, nothing less. its was inflamatory to those who were not involved .his beef with me is me saying" get a grip." that was in regards to what he said in his post about people that werent involved. i wasnt the one throwing out insults first. if he could figure that out and apologize for i would be more than happy to stop. yes an oxycetaline torch setup would be critical and a large crescent wrench would do the trick real easy with some good heat. oblong the collecter holes on either the pipe or the header in the right places .005 would pick up the driver side that looks like its sagging down.if that didnt get the tabs to the frame a real shallow z bend would take care of whats left cant tell if the passenger side is sagging but it looks like not. that one hole in the collector on the passenger pipe should work with a little oblonging on the sidepipe and header collector reassemble with flat and lockwasher. cut the mislocated tab off clean offwhats left of the weld on the pipe and mig it back where if needs to go, and i thinks its good to go. i said it look like an easy deal in my first post. thanks for your post. the balls in daves court. thanks again. later brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenview289 View Post
    I think the forum moderator should close this thread

Bill
    bill i apologized to patrick three days ago for this thread and asked him not to close it unless he felt it was nessessary. hopefully he`ll give dave a chance to respond before he does if he feels it should. later, brian

sorry, i was refering to Jim's post not Glenview's. here is a perfect example. I mistakenly attributed a comment to the wrong person and am told to "get my facts straight" ,anyone following this thread could see that the statement i referred to was next to Glenview's post, oops, honest mistake.. people can get the wrong impression reading text only without knowing the tone or intent of the comments. So lets all play nice
    Last edited by scott h; October 9th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo

Just getting on here, but unfortunately to late to respond to much of anything. I will not be able to get near this until friday evening at best.
    I got this in my email as a post to this thread, but I cannot find it. maybe I am just to tired.
    this is what I got:
    "
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    dave, thank you for the apology, i sincerly appreciate it. now i hope you can accept mine as i know you were offended by "get a grip". if i hadnt felt offended by the comments at the end referring to the members of this forum who may not agree with you as "weaver lovers", and "need to stay on the good side if the weavers", (which i still think an apology to the members of this forum is in order) it would have been something less agressive. the rest of that post i have no problem with at all. not even the font change. as far as the night we met up at marks cruise nite, it wasnt a car show, its a cruise nite. i live 5 mins away and i got there shortly before dark, and yes the car was not homecoming clean. it really doesnt matter, its pretty informal and even though there are trophies given out, the reality is if youre not in the clique there, you not taking a trophy. if i was on your turf you would have known that and i wouldnt have. if you thought my car was average y
    ou stopped looking beyond the dust and the carpets. i have a car show trophy too. and a couple more that i didnt stay to accept. i have no want for trophies. but you have your opinion and ive got no problem with that. and youre right it was more than 5 mins,settle on 20 between looking at each others cars? and the lights worked fine after i replaced the blown fuse and you learned that the fuse was in the light switch. as fars as whos standards are higher, theres all kinds of standards. lets talk about fabricating and execution cause that really the only one that applies here. i know where mine are, but surely dont know where yours fall, the range could be from NASA to bubble gum and string. my guess would be that we`re on the same page if you use rick bagley as a guage. ive known rick for years (and im sure he`ll deny it) and know him and his car well. while my skills may not quite as good by much, (youre welcome rick) im by no means a slouch. on the subject of your shocks, you actually did bring it up in the post i took offense to, although you didnt refer to it specifically. im sorry if you feel offended that i inquired through my sources, but it was put out there by you. if you want it out there, the choice is yours and im not challenging you or make it a dare. when you saying youre not trying to offend someone (passive) and 20 words later you say "dont think so etc etc" (agressive). the tip your waitress thing was was purely commical (sp?)translation: this is a turning into a joke. i can understand your frustrated and im sure you`d much rather be done with this and get back to solving your troubles with your pipes. how about i offer a solution, you apologize to anyone who was offended when you included them as a group in your post. as rick and i have both stated the fix is does not look very difficult and i would be more than welcome fix it with you if you would like. if thats not something you want to do thats fine, i wont be offended later, brian"

I dont see this post???

Even though, I don't have time tonight to post much because I need to be up at 4:30am for work. Then tomorrow(Thursday) I need to get to sleep immediately when I get home and be back at work at midnight.
    As I said, I don't see this post. I went on to answer it and all I see is more of the same from Brian.
    I am pretty done with this pick apart words stuff, etc. I will as Brian demands, apologized to any of the forum members that I have insulted. I totally did not mean to insult anybody at all with the "weaver lovers" comment. Up until now, I did not understand or know specifically what he wanted me to apologize for. Now I do, so I will. I sincerly apologize!
    Someone is now asking Patrick to close the thread. I hope he doesn't, but if he does, he is the moderator, so that will be that. I think good things actually may happen in this thread
    I will explain my Weaver Lovers comment. I have been reading on this forum how great the Weavers are for years now. It is usually the same guys who make it seem the Weavers walk on water and can do no wrong, stand behind their products, so helpful to their customers, and so on and so on. I have not experienced this with the Weavers. To me, the Weavers seem burned out and don't enjoy their business anymore. that is just the impression I get, could be totally off base here. There are others who feel exactly as I do. I also said that I wish I did feel like the members I grouped into "Weaver Lovers". I truly meant that! So after Alan ignored me for months then decided to post a total untruth on a public forum to cover Unique's butt, instead of standing behind his product. I will be honest, that really set me off. Then I did ASSUME I was going to get flamed by that same group of people that make excuses and back the Weavers no matter what. No way did I mean anybody who disagreed with me was a "weaver Lover", I am really sorry if that is what it seemed I was saying.
    Truthfully, I am kind of shocked and pleasantly surprised that I was only flamed by Brian.
    Even though I can't get into all the stuff in these posts at this time. I will say this about myself. I have be a good customer to Unique. I have bought plenty of expensive parts since I have had my car and only called them a few times when I could not get the answer I needed on the forum.
    In my "tirade" post. I did mention I had another experience with Unique similar to this. I had to pull teeth and put a lot of effort into getting Unique to do the right thing. This was 4 years ago, I thought it was only a couple of years ago. Time flies when you are having fun.
    The letter I sent Maurice was dated 2008. Brian mentioned I share this and even implied something some to the effect about me jerry rigging back then. This is 100% false. That was exactly what I did not want to do!
    Brian, I again ask you/ advise you/ warn you...I would check with Maurice and Allen before you dare me/invite me/urge me to share it in this with the forum! Even though, if I did share it, I definitely would be helping other members with older Unique Cobras if ordering brand new complete rear coil-over shocks from Unique! I don't know what version of my experience you heard, but you either heard it wrong or you heard a big lie if you came away with what you have implied. You said " im sorry if you feel offended that i inquired through my sources, but it was put out there by you. if you want it out there." You never said you inquired anything at all, what you did do was imply that Unique was talking to you and others behind my back. Please go check it out in your previous posting
    I still think it
    is to totally wild that it is wrong to expect proper workmanship and fit for expensive parts we order from any company, in this case, for their own product! Also, for the record, for the tenth time, I was more than willing and accepted the small tweak (slightly having to elongate the bracket holes) Unique did tell me might happen. This problem sure is not that!
    If you look back and reread this whole thread, you will see I was being nice, had a positive attitude, very patient, and then boom! So what do you want or expect from me the customer. I am not going be anybody's doormat, especially when I am paying them good money.
    Well, I guess I posted more than I thought and will now be very tired tomorrow at work. After writing this, I really do not want to go back and forth with Brian anymore, it has become a giant waste of my time. It is just to much work to try and follow him. Then again, maybe it is me since I am a moron and dont have a clue...lol. Seriously, I will try to be constructive as possible considering the circumstances. Beside, he said he was not goimg to post to this thread anymore, so I guess then, this won't be much of an effort on my part .
    I will end up having to fix these things or just sell them as is and put the old ones back on. What a disappointment, anybody local interested in these pipes? I am thinking I will eventually just end up paying the money and fix them because I have wanted these for a long time and would love to hear and feel them on the car. Better than just sitting useless on a shelf, that's for sure.
    Thanks...Dave
    Last edited by davids2toys; October 10th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Dave

dave , the reason that post didnt appear here, is because i edited it out and rewrote it, shortly after i posted it, after rereading your previous post. im glad you now understand what i was offended by. if you had asked nicely as to what i thought you should apologize for in my first post instead of jumping me, everything afterward most likely wouldnt have been said. as ive stated i have no problem with your post other than the part you just apologized for. if thats flaming you i can live with that. i totally agree with your comment on this thread being closed. i wish you the best, whichever way you end up going forward from here. if i can be of any help, dont hesitate. brian.

dave , the reason that post didnt appear here, is because i edited it out and rewrote it, shortly after i posted it, after rereading your previous post. im glad you now understand what i was offended by. if you had asked nicely as to what i thought you should apologize for in my first post instead of jumping me, everything afterward most likely wouldnt have been said. as ive stated i have no problem with your post other than the part you just apologized for. if thats flaming you i can live with that. i totally agree with your comment on this thread being closed. i wish you the best, whichever way you end up going forward from here. if i can be of any help, dont hesitate. brian.
    OK, that makes sense.
    I thought you wanted me to apologize to the Weavers and I felt and still feel I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. If anybody should be apologizing, it should be them!
    Maybe this thread may take a positive direction now, which is hopefully always the goal with forums right?
    It will be a while before I am even able to get to this, fall is here and I will be scrambling getting ready for yet another New England winter. When I get back to the Cobra I have a bunch of projects 1/2 done at the moment. Including all new gaskets on the front of the motor and new Canton RR oil pan and windage tray. I had a lot of issues with the fit of the tray and the oil temp bung location in the pan, All issues were fixed by Canton, they did stand behind their product and did the right thing for free. So now I should be finally be getting accurate oil temp readings after all these years and have proper clearance at the pickup to pan location with the tray reworked per my suggestions to Canton.
    Thanks ...Dave
    Dave