Thread: New Member

Hello, I just came across this forum and am pretty excited about it. I have had my Unique 427 since April of 05. The number is 6016 and the date is 1986. While I was looking around at this Forum I was noticing people seem to like the earlier cars better than the newer ones. Is there a reason for this and if so is there a cut off date w=in which one car is better than another. Thanks,
    Tony

Tony, the older cars are popular with people looking to export the car to Europe and Canada, they only allow older cars in those couintries. It looks like your car has had some upgrades such as the front suspension. Where do you live?

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here along with some great people. If you have a problem or a question this forum will prove to be valuable.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Old or new, the Unique cars remain popular with discerning individuals!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Best looking and most original Cobra replicars on the road! Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, wlecome aboard.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Thanks for the welcome, I live in Eureka California way up north in the fog lol. I haven't really had a chance to look at another Unique to tell if it has had any upgrades or not. I can tell you that it sits a lot lower than most of the replicas I see. The guy who put it together is Bill Emerson up in Redding Ca and he is all about the handling of these cars so I am sure it has got some tweaks in the suspesion.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Tony, the older cars are popular with people looking to export the car to Europe and Canada, they only allow older cars in those couintries. It looks like your car has had some upgrades such as the front suspension. Where do you live?

Thumbs up

Alright..... another Unique in California!!!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Congratulations

Bill Emerson is very well known in Northern California. Has produced many top quality Cobras in the past, including Uniques.

Car looks great, sits very nice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by juanone View Post
    Car looks great, sits very nice.

I agree Juan!

It's probably hard to tell from one photo, can anyone tell if it looks lower than most Unique cars?

One of the lower cars that I've seen was the late Don Satterfield's car, which scraped about everything it went over... it was very cool looking, though!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear