Thread: Ford Blue Lakewood

Ford Blue Lakewood

I just finished powder coating my Lakewood Bell Housing Ford Blue (Dark version).

With the car on the lift for three weeks now I am doing "touchup" items that I've been neglecting over the years. I'm not sure if the original SuperSnakes had Ford Blue C6 automatics when created, but the remaining car was carrying a blue C6 at Barrett Jackson in 2007. The bell housing actually looks good in this color and will match the Paxtons in the engine bay. I am happy with the results and have included three images of my work and one image of the original SuperSnake.

-Geary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7300005.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	2928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7300004.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	2929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7300006.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	2930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1967-shelby-cobra-427-sup-2_800x0w.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	2931  

Looks good. I've always wondered why Southern Auto paints their Ford engines black when blue is the Ford color. If it's a manual shifter, make sure you put the proper spacers between the arm and housing while you have it off. Nothing worst than a clutch that won't disengage or reverse that grinds.
    Bob

The clutch is moved by a McLeod hydraulic throw out bearing so it won't require spacers. The t/o bearing is the major holdup right now. I've being waiting since July 5th for a replacement unit.

With regard to your question, I guess that black is a more universally acceptable color.

- Geary

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    The early blocks were painted black from Ford...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

black and blue...

Thru the 65 models, black was used. 1966 saw the introduction of dark blue. Painted rocker covers were gold with the black engines, dark blue with the dark blues. This applies for small blocks, and to at least the factory FE's that I have seen.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

She's finally prowling the streets again. Just over a month down time. The time was well spent fixing long term minor problems and making countless fine adjustments. A 1 1/2 hour checkout run East of Harrisburg on the interstates did us both a world of good at 4 AM this morning. A high speed victory lap with morning breaking and deep droning sounds from the pipes - it does't get any better than this.

- Geary

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    A 1 1/2 hour checkout run East of Harrisburg on the interstates did us both a world of good at 4 AM this morning. A high speed victory lap with morning breaking and deep droning sounds from the pipes - it does't get any better than this.

- Geary
    At the same time this morning, in Florida down I-75, I was doing the same thing... well not exactly. My engine was freeloading in the back of the van! So no victory lap for me... not yet, anyway. Finally got the darn thing. I'll get started on this project before too long... I hope. As far as getting better, I'm sure it will... eventually.
    Last edited by Slither; August 10th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear