Thread: Cobras at Laguna Seca

Cobras at Laguna Seca

this one is fun to watch. all cars are the real deal http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Thanks Rod, nice video. Did anyone else watch the Speed Channel tonight that covered the cobra's 50th anniversary race at Laguna seca? Nice half hour show with some racing and cars on display
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

That was a great show. What was the gold cobra with the square 4 point roll bar? Correct me if I'm wrong but when they were standing over the 289FIA car they said this was the only car that won a championship? I know the Daytona Coupe was the only American car to win a FIA World Championship. Interesting fact I never knew was Shelby is only person to be a winning driver, winning owner, and winning manufacturer at LeMans.

Quote Originally Posted by spd4me View Post
    That was a great show. What was the gold cobra with the square 4 point roll bar? .
    Didn't see the show yet, but the only car I saw that matches that description was one of Lynn Park's cars, Lynn owns and was racing the #16 FIA car plus at least 4 other cars in the group that day. I guess he had all his buddys driving the rest of them. Looked like they were having a blast
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"