Thread: SBF Oil Pan Question

SBF Oil Pan Question

What is the preferred oil pan for the Unique car. For power...I am building a 351W that should develop about 425 hp. The car will be a "cruiser" and seldom driven in anger.. if ever at all....if I use a standard style pan...should it be a front or rear sump??? I will be using a windage tray for sure. I sure don't want to use the double sump pan that is found on a Mustang...If there was a preference it would be for a rear sump rather than a front sump...does that present any problems????

As always....thanks for all your learned advise...

Probably the most common pan will be a front sump with larger than standad capacity. Because of the low ground clearance I chose a Canton "cobra specific" road race style pan, It has internal baffles (to keep oil at the pickup during cornering) and a heavier gage steel construction (to help with any unforseen road debris).
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

when you see pictures or videos of our cobra's most have some type of front sump pan. looking at my car i do not see any obstacles to using a rear sump

Pan for One Piece Main Seal 351 Windsor

Thanks for the help...one added question.....what road race front sump pan will fit a one piece main seal 1996 roller block?

have you tried contacting Canton or even Summit or Jegs?"