Thread: Water Pump Pulley Bolts

Water Pump Pulley Bolts

Just installed my new Edelbrock 8843 Victor water pump. Put the belt pulley on the front and the 5/16 x 24 hex bolts won't fit, are to big. So I tried 4/16 x 24 and they are to small. Is ther such a thing as a 9/32 x 24? You guys that have a Edelbrock, what size areyour bolts?
    Bob

Bob - Have you tried standard thread instead of fine? I could be wrong but I don't recall any fine threads on my Ford pumps.

Also - With all the Edelbrock "Made in the USA" advertising I would sincerely hope that they are SAE.
    (I despise metric fasteners and tools with a passion. I believe it was Archimedes who once made the statement, "Give me a long enough lever and SAE tools, and I will move the earth." )

- Geary
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aggressor; September 30th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Wink

I have the same Victor pump and my bolts use a coarse thread, 5/16" I believe. I also have a set of Edelbrock "Elite" valve covers without the logo that say "Made in USA" on the box but "Made in Taiwan" on the covers. I have since switched over to the Ford Racing 427 Cobra covers which are, oddly enough, made in the USA!
    Bill
    Bill Stradtner, Portsmouth, VA
    427 S/C #9442
    427W Dart "Replica" Ford Engine

The pulley hub has engraved around the outside edge 24-8843 which means it's a 24 thread. I just got off phone with Edelbrock customer information network tech and he said sometimes when they anodize them, it coats the threads and I need to run a 5/16 x 24 tap to clean out. So I'll try that tonight and see what happens.
    Bob

I got out my 5/16 x 24 tap and re-tapped the holes. Once tap is started, went real easy. Bolts now fit like a gloove. I guess Edelbrock needs to put in instructions (which by the way there aren't any in the box) to re-tap holes before installing.
    Bob